“Magnifique!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Meet the Meat

Meet the Meat
Ranked #56 of 1,786 Restaurants in Toulouse
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Belfort
“Magnifique!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

I was in Toulouse for three weeks with a recent work trip and returned to Meet the Meat twice.

Warm and friendly service from all of the waiters and waitresses, Jim the front of house guy is a great character.

Fantastic cuts of local steak with the tastiest dauphinois potatatos I have eaten. Both times I ordered the 'Rossini' Boeuf de Pavè with foie gras. House Red was a lovely accompaniment.

Often eat at steak restaurants in the UK, the cut of steak knocks the socks of that of the likes of Gaucho at half the price.

Try and book as they do get very busy in the evenings.

Bath, United Kingdom
“OK but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I am starting to think that I am seriously out of step with the other users of Tripadvisor. I have just had lunch here and the starter was pretty weak while the steak was quite good but not great (rather tough and not enough flavour). I had a steak earlier in the week at ‘Au bon graillou’ (ranked 382 places below ‘Meat the Meat’) that was considerably better. Don’t believe the hype.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Paris, France
“Excellent simple menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I've been to this restaurant twice now, once with some work colleagues and the second time with my boyfriend. Both visits were excellent, I admit I had the same thing twice, but they do serve my favourites: salade de gesiers and pavé de boeuf with foie gras. The sauces are amazing, the dauphinois potatoes a bit rich for me, but delicious nonetheless. The service was also brilliant and a great buzzing atmosphere with some nice jazz music - not too loud - in the background. Although I want to try as many restaurants as I can in Toulouse, this will be my backup to be sure to leave happy!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank FionaMDevon
Barcelona, Spain
“Some of the nicest service I've ever had....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

Lovely waitress, very very helpful, she explained the menu well in English, as we only had pidgeon French. The food was perfect, simple, but delicious. The Gratin Dauphinois are great, and so are the french fries, if there are two of you, I recommend sharing a bit of each. The 12.50 lunch plate was excellent value and came with a free starter. Would definitely go back!

• Visited September 2012
Cardiff
“Great atmosphere, decent food but service was poor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

I booked a table as i had seen that this place could get busy. I booked a table for 1 and came back 30 minutes later.

Max showed me to my table. I sat there for twenty minutes waiting for a menu. I stopped one waitress who said 'i do not speak a word of English' in prefect English!! I stopped another lady and asked for a menu and a drink. I then waited about 15 minutes for the order to be taken. I was so thirsty and even an offer of some water would have been nice. Once the order was taken my starter came very quickly.

I opted for the roqefort salad that was very tasty and then went for the house special that was a fillet of beef with foie gras topping. It was very tasy but the meat was very tough.

I washed this down with a bottle of house corbieres that was lovely.

They were very busy but there is no excuse for very poor service. I have been to many a restaurant that if full to the brim and is still able to provide first Class service. There is no excuse for this!

• Visited September 2012