Review Highlights
Taste of Toulouse brings Marche Victor-Hugo to life!

What an amazing morning spent with Jessica! This was unlike most market tours I have been on... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
904melindan
United States
A wonderful tour for food lovers, cooks and connoisseurs, Francophiles and history buffs

This is a fabulous tour of Marché Victor Hugo. Jessica is educated, knowledgeable and passionate... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Catherine M
Melbourne, Australia

Recommended experiences in and around Toulouse
from $23.61
from $23.61
from $17.99
More Info
All reviews foie gras charcuterie pastries baguette informative tour chocolate and pastry tour food culture market tour local farmers surrounding shops extensive knowledge food tour amazing tour french market three hours interesting facts a lot of fun
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We loved this tour with Jessica! She has a wonderful way of presenting the history behind the Market; as well as the food and wines sold there. Her presentation was lively, and informative. I’ll never look at a baguette, charcuterie, cheese or duck the same anymore. What’s more, she gave us the opportunity to meet some of these food producers and their passions behind their art while we sampled their delectable products!!! It was a fantastic way to get a true feel for this lovely part of France! So glad we were able to have this experience and hope others take the time to do this tour as well!

Date of experience: September 2019
JessHammer, Owner at Taste of Toulouse, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Deby,
Thanks for your review. I'm so happy to know that the Victor Hugo market tour helped you get a taste of all of the wonderful food and passionate producers that we are so lucky to have here in southwest France. Thanks for your kind words.
Best regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This tour is a nice overview of local charcuterie, bread, cheese, chocolate and wine - what to look for, how to order, and good purveyors at the Marche Victor Hugo. The tour provides selection and tasting along the way, as well as a tasting at the conclusion of the tour. Jessica provides insights regarding French preparation, techniques, getting the most from your purveyor, as well as local specialties. Fun and informative.

Participants should bring an empty stomach, curious mind, and be both open to trying new foods and prepared to stand for 3 to 4 hours.

Date of experience: September 2019

Thanks for your review and the summary for those who are interested in taking my tour of the Marché Victor Hugo. You are 100% correct about what to expect. An empty stomach, curious mind, openness to trying new things, and being comfortable with standing for long periods are definitely keys to being able to enjoy the experience!
Thanks again,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A lovely morning spent with our informative guide Jessica, who shared her passion for Toulousain food and history.

From the history of bread and tips on how to choose a great baguette, to the making of foie gras and a chance to meet a local supplier of the product and hear first hand about the process, the tour was a delight. Capped off with a tasting of local wines and cheeses we thoroughly enjoyed our three hours with Jesica.
And, for the chocolate lovers, there was an introduction (and tasting) of the products of one of the artisan chocolatiers of Toulouse.

Date of experience: September 2019
JessHammer, Owner at Taste of Toulouse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Deborah, thanks for your kind words. I'm so glad you enjoyed the Marché Victor Hugo tour and all of the tasting we did. Yeah, I can't stay away from the chocolate, even on my market tour. :) But if you're a real chocolate lover, I recommend trying out my Chocolate & Pastry tour, where we focus exclusively on the sweet side of life in Toulouse.
Thanks again, Jessica

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Jessica ran a great tour of the Victor Hugo Marche and surroundings. Bring your appetite - the small tastes of all foods de Toulouse add up! We sampled bread, pastries, sausage, foie gras, cheeses, chocolates and wine. Jessica was patient with all of our questions and her love of the market and fresh foods was obvious. This was a high point of our visit. Merci!

Date of experience: September 2019

Hi Diane, thanks for your review. I'm so glad you enjoyed all of the delicious regional foods we taste - and you're right - it all adds up to a full lunch! It was my pleasure to answer all your questions - the best part of my job, really. It makes me happy that it was the high point of your visit!
Best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Jessica's tour was something truly special and I would recommend everyone visiting Toulouse do it! She is friendly, professional, and offers and incredible amount of knowledge about Toulouse food culture. The tour included a nice variety of delicacies, allowed us to meet local vendors and provided helpful context for the local food scene. Her talent and dedication to this tour are clear and it was a true highlight of our trip!

Date of experience: September 2019

Thank you so much for your review. I'm happy to know that it was a highlight of your trip here! My goal is to help people come away with a better understanding and appreciation of the amazing local food culture - as well as having fun and getting to taste a lot of delicious local flavors!
All the best, Jessica