“Stay out of the hustle of the city with easy drive in to Toulouse”

Courtyard Toulouse Airport
Ranked #20 of 130 Hotels in Toulouse
W. Hartford, CT
“Stay out of the hustle of the city with easy drive in to Toulouse”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We prefer Marriott Hotels but there is none in Toulouse, so we stayed at the Courtyard close to the airport. Since we had a rental car, this was no problem and the drive into the city was an easy one. This Marriott was wonderful. It is a newer facility and it was very clean, very comfortable, with very friendly and helpful staff. Food was quite good, full restaurant. Our breakfast was included but perhaps because we are Marriott Gold level. We found a couple of excellent restaurants close by. Also, they have a pool under construction.

Room Tip: Not big, any room will do
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Cayman408

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I travel roughly 65% around the world and am happy to accept less-than comfortable conditions when unavoidable. But...I stayed at the TLS Courtyard for a number of nights in late March and the temperature in my room never dropped below 78 degrees and was usually in the mid-eighties despite opening my window (admitting a lot of road noise). My room faced the sun almost all day and outside temperatures peaked over 80 degrees during the day. My room had an air conditioning unit, but the hotel staff advised that they could not turn it on because it was "not summer yet." WHAT!? I'm sweating in my room, unable to get a good night's rest, and they can't turn on the the A/C because the calendar says its not summer yet...pay no attention to the facts sir. I don't think I'll be staying at this property again in the Spring of Fall; only those seasons where they can "officially" turn on the proper environmental controls to ensure guest comfort. To make matters worse I can't find a link on the Marriott site to advise them of my dissatisfaction.

Room Tip: Visit only in the summer or winter when its either cold or hot and you can use the A/C or heat. Oth...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Mauro C, General Manager at Courtyard Toulouse Airport, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Dear Guest

I am writing you as the General Manager of the property. I am really sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction and can really feel your indisposition caused by the fact that you were not able to have a good nights' rest due to the temperature in your room.

I apologize for the information that has been given to you regarding the "season". Indeed it is not the season that should cause a problem. It is more a technical issue that hotels encounter when during the mid season the temperature change every week. This week we are back again at mid 50 and we need to heat!

I do not want to defend our problem resolution, which in your case has not been satisfactory. I also agree with you that a follow up about your problem should run differently.

I would love you to give us a second chance and proof that we can do better. You can contact me personally at the hotel under +33 5 3439 8000 or cy.tlscy.gm@courtyard.com. I would love to discuss further with you and suggest a solution.

With best regards, Mauro Cerutti, General Manager

PS: in your reservation confirmation below Privacy, Authenticity and Opting Out you find a link to the Marriott Customer Care where you can further address your issue if you wish. Or call in the USA & Canada: 1-800-721-7033 toll-free
Vacaville, California
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I stayed here on business. The hotel is very well kept. The room was very good with plenty of space. The buffet breakfast was typical of what is served in Europe, but they did have a lot of fruit which was nice. The exercise room was samll; only 5 machines but they had an elliptical so I was happy. The hotel is close to many places including the mall, downtown and Airbus. They do chrage for internet but parking is free. Good place!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Emarsh69
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Just a one night stay at the weekend whilst visiting the area to watch a Heineken Cup rugby match - Saints lost!.

Check-in smooth, receptionist happy to use English for this process! Room good size, two queen-size beds. Bathroom clean and light, shower excellent. Very quiet considering proximity to airport (5 mins drive) and autoroute (right outside!). TV had about 7 English speaking channels, including BBC 1 & 2, and Sky News.

Ate in restaurant in evening. Food good quality but expensive. Could easily spend 30Euros/head. Breakfast selection very good with range of cereals, cold meats and cheese, fresh and canned fruit, bread, rolls and croissants, and selection of cooked items. However, this all costs - continental breakfast 12Euros, full breakfast 19Euros!

Small area for sitting in evening, adjacent to reception/bar.

Parking available and free of charge. Free shuttle to airport, where return shuttle to centre of Toulouse is 8 Euros.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank jf1949
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 11, 2011

A self-identified category 2 hotel, I've stayed in 4 and 5 star hotels that didn't provide this great of an experience. Everything from the free airport shuttle to brand new facilities, from the courteous staff to comfortable bed. I cannot say enough great things about my 3-night stay at this great hotel. The only downside: €22 breakfast buffet. The food was not hot or fresh and there wasn't much of a selection. It offerings were tasty, however, despite the downsides. All in all a great hotel, one I will surely stay at again when I return to Toulouse!

Room Tip: Although there are several floors, if you stay on the 3rd floor, chances are you'll have no one...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Golden, Colorado
Reviewed November 3, 2011

After a very poor experience at a Marriott in Munich a few weeks earlier, we were hoping the stay at the Courtyard in Toulouse would be better - and it was, in every respect.

We'd deliberately chosen the hotel near the Toulouse airport because we only had a single night with an early flight to Frankfurt to connect back to the States. About the only thing I could criticize the hotel for was its location - with no access to shopping or restaurants etc - but that's always a compromise when airport access is concerned.

In short, a very comfortable modern hotel with friendly staff and everything you'd need for a short stopover. We'd arrived from a canal boat trip with a bottle of wine we'd picked up in a small village, and the staff very obligingly offered to serve it with our dinner (at no charge) rather than force us to drink it in our room. I can't imagine this would have happened at the Munich Marriott which I've already reviewed - the difference in staff attitudes was 180 degrees.

Oh, and they provide a free shuttle service to the airport - probably as expected given the location but nice to know anyway. If you're connecting through Toulouse airport and don't need to be surrounded by retail outlets, this is a fine place to stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Columbus, OH
Reviewed October 19, 2011

We stayed here for one night on Sept. 26 for a flight out the next morning. We booked it the same day on the Marriott website and paid 165 Euros. The hotel was a bit difficult to find by car, but the directions on the hotel website are good. It was a typical European Courtyard – contemporary design, bright, bold colors, similar type of restaurant (Oleo Pazzo) as at other Euro Courtyards, but you order at the counter and they bring the food to your table. (Hint: skip the hamburger here – lots of gristle). This is a very busy hotel. There were only 2 people working at reception, so there was a bit of a line to check-in, but it went quickly.

Our room (#422) was a decent, good-size, typical Courtyard room with King bed, large desk with lots of outlets, coffee & tea makers, 1 small armchair & a small side table, and a large armoire. The room had very good lighting. It had a standard bathroom with toilet, large modern sink, bathtub with shower hose. Parking was free, internet was free. The hotel was clean and efficiently run.

Room Tip: Any room will do here.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business