“Pleasant suprise”

Ranked #1,475 of 2,191 Restaurants in Toulouse
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Filatiers
Reviewed August 24, 2018

We popped in for a quick lunch and we were not dissapointed. Food and price were excellent.. We took the menu that was only 11€ for two course absolutely great value. Staff were pleasant and we watched toulouse go by as we ate on the sunny terrace. I would eat here again Lamb tagine yummy.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Nicola K

Reviewed August 2, 2017

I had the Midi Formule. The Mezzee itself was okay. I've had better hummus, but I've had worse too. The pita it comes with is bland, has no taste, isn't even warm, and isn't fresh. They must buy it in bulk. If not then Grandmas recipe isn't good.

The lamb Tanjine was not good. Forget the hair I found it. I know hair is clean. I know it wasn't mine because I have a buzz-cut. There was a time I would have bugged out about such things. But what I bug out about now is substandard cooking. Yes, I know this isn't a Lebanese specialty so I took a chance. Well, I bet on the wrong pony.

The service was okay, but it was confusing on how to pay for this. I should have walked out without paying. But I am staying in the building right next door. 11 euros down the drain

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed December 2, 2016

Nice but expensive, there are cheaper lebanese places around, they do have a vegetarian option though which is considerate of them. Not sure I would recommend them.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed October 14, 2016

First ones in for the evening, the welcome was not great. Ordered the set mezze and wine. Abruptly told that pichets of wine were only for midi service, but the menu does not state this. As the waitress was rude, we just took the tap water, The food was good, the atmosphere and service could have been much better. They would not comprimise on the wine, so we spent less than we would have, their loss. Would not go back as there are much better, and friendlier, places to eat in the same street.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed September 2, 2016

We stopped here one very hot and bright afternoon. The waiter came out immediately to see to our comfort, adjusting the table and umbrella, offering us water and a menu. When he realized we were American, he happily translated the plates of the day. The vibe was engaging. We ordered two of the specials and relaxed into people-watching--especially good on the rue des Filatiers.
The lunch that followed was satisfying and the service was attentive. I had the couscous special with grilled chicken. They served me enough for a small family. The vegetables were a little overcooked but the sauce was savory with a hint of spice. The chicken piece was a rib section, not my favorite and difficult to cut up on the tiny table. The couscous was light and fluffy and went well with the sauce. My husband's Greek salad was reported to be delicious. His main plate, a chicken kabob, was tender and just spicy enough. The pita was on the paper-y side.
We will probably try La Mezzee again to see what they do with some other dishes. The prices were good, the service was friendly, and the prices fit our budget.

Date of visit: September 2016