“All in one”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Dalbade
Reviewed August 14, 2013

La Braisiere is one of these restaurants that gives you everything you need. Great location, excellent food (especially the meats), possibility to sit outside, and nice friendly service. For a tourist in Toulouse, La Braisiere will give them a good idea of the local culture, and how Toulousains spend their free time. It has become a go-to place for many students in their mid-twenties/ thirties who want to enjoy a good and relaxed atmosphere.
The restaurant gets even better during the winter time with their huge fireplace. It gives you a home feeling, but also the weird sensation to be traveling in time.
When you finish your dinner, don't hesitate: go wander around the restaurant, you will find Toulouse's "mansions", as well as busy cafés street... This whole neighborhood smells like good spirited atmosphere: enjoooyyy

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We wanted to treat our friends to a nice dinner and we had just that at La Braisiere. The meat is of good quality, the open fire in the middle of the restaurant is a unique experience and the terrace is a great plus, with fans for the hot days. Although it's not on the cheap side, it's a nice place to go to for a special event or treat. Service was great, bill for 4 was 150 euros, mains, desserts and wine.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were recommend this restaurant by our hotel, but I was not sure as the reviews on here were quite old! I was very pleased we took their advice! Don't let the back street feel put you off, once in the restaurant it has a lovely atmosphere with the red brick stone walls and fire stove burning in the center! The staff are very friends and speak enough english to help with the menu! We both had the prawns to start which were perfect, very simple with a little garlic and pesto (and peeled!) We then had steak, one large cut and one filet! The filet was very soft and full of flavour. I added the pepper corn sauce which was a little too hot for me, but I should have asked for it on the side! All the food dishes come with a simple but very nice salad and potatos. The wine that was suggest was smooth and light and we also really enjoyed the crepe with chantilly cream! All lovely! I would definitely go again if in Toulouse for the atmophere and really very good quality food!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Book in advance! A comfortable, friendly restaurant in the heart of the Carme. The meat at La Braiserie is cooked over an open wood fire in a theatrical style and couldn't be better. The main courses come with a delicious salad and potatoes, and the daily specials are interesting and varied. I found the cassoulet a bit too salty but the hot chevre salad, veal filet mignon, and lamb gigots were excellent. Several staff members speak excellent English and it was easy to order what we wanted. Try les brochettes, fresh meat cooked on a skewer, tasting of the wood fire. We ate here twice in 4 days and would fly back once a week for the sauce morille if we could afford it!

1  Thank pherriswheel
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had tried this restaurant once before, about 2 years ago as part of a large business group and it didn't impress me... But trying it a couple weeks ago with my girlfriend... WOW. It was truly a fantastic meal. Each course was amazing. Be prepared to pay for quality, but I believe it is worth it. For the entree, I tried a ravioli with foie gras sauce. Wonderful! My main course was a lamb brochette that was moist, flavorful, and very tender. For wine, try the Cotes du Rhone... A little pricey, but a very nice red wine. And the deserts were incredible.. Poached pear covered in chocolate sauce with a custard and ice cream. Both our meals were first rate and the service was excellent. The only flaw, if you sit in the front room, you will smell of smoke from the oven by the end of the night...but well worth it! :-)

2  Thank Jeff M