“Good Cafe on Place du Capitole”
Review of Le Florida

Le Florida
Ranked #396 of 1,855 Restaurants in Toulouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Saint Rome
Description: The Florida’s Canteen offers you a traditional quality cooking (cassoulet, duck confit, regional speciality …), fish specialities and home-made desserts.A fine and great address that you’ll like to recomend to your friends.Florida’s Cantine is open every day.Service provided from noon to 1 AM. Vegetarian lunch.
Niagara Falls
“Good Cafe on Place du Capitole”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We were staying in a nearby hotel and stopped at this cafe. We read the daily menu and the Maitre d' answered our questions. He won us over with his personality and we ate our lunch here. There are about five restaurants in a row under the paintings of Toulousean history which line the ceiling of this walkway. If you get a chance take a serious look at these.

My husband and son had the sea bass daily special and I had the Entrecote. The portions were very large and the food was very good. The fish was served with a spinach cake which was excellent. The steak was served with a Bearnaise sauce which was very tasty as I could pick out the Tarragon flavor with the lemon. It also came with chips [ fries] and a nice salad with a local house dressing. My husband and I had a glass of Gaillac which was recommended by our waiter as a good local red wine and it was extremely smooth, light and medium bodied, an excellent choice. For dessert we had the Chocolate Mousse which was good. Our waiter spoke English to us and we sat outside in the beautiful sunshine.

It was a very pleasant luncheon and we would definitely eat here again.

• Visited May 2012

• Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Munich
“Quite Good”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Good food, typical French Restaurant /Bistro. I had Starter Anchovies , Loup de Mer , Crepes Grand Manier + Espresso + Glass Red Wine with a total of 45 EUR
Anchovies as Starter for 12 EUR a little bit overrated, Loup de Mer for 17 EUR (with rice and legumes) excellent and quite inexpensive.

Visited April 2012
Washington D.C.
“Pretentious ... Not worth it !!”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Waiters who are so full of themselves ... they ignore customers.
Drinks that are standard, and then still dropped with disdain on your table.

It appears that the customer is in service of the server-god. Why? It's not justified by the drinks, food, nor value. The only advantage is the view.

My suggestion: instead, go to a smaller restaurant, and afterwards get an ice cream cone and walk around Place du Capitole.

• Visited September 2011
Iowa
“I really enjoyed this place”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I went here with my coworkers because it was right next to the hotel. It is right on capitol sqaure perfect for people watching. I ordered the lamb shanks, cooked to perfection I could not get enough of it. Tres bien. I didn't experiance any rudeness from the staff, but I can't remember anything about the waiting staff that jumps out good or bad, except that he could open bottles with one hand that was really impressive to the whole table (of American business people). I think this a good place to eat and enjoy the square.

• Visited March 2012
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“no expectations = no complaints...”
Reviewed December 8, 2011

I would say it is the best "average" place in Toulouse. It is located on Capitole with a decent lunch and dinner menu, breakfast and drink selection. English speaking staff and wi-fi connection are the bonuses... There are many great restaurants in the city but if you are not in a mood to look somewhere special, wait in line, spend a fortune or simply if you are in a rush it is the best bet you can get. Believe me having no high expectations makes everything much better...

• Visited November 2011