“Modern, Fine Dining, Expensive Restaurant”
Review of Sept

Sept
Ranked #78 of 2,246 Restaurants in Toulouse
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 17, 2018

We visited for lunch and decided on the 58 euro 'Gourmand' menu. For aperitif we had a very small glass of Rose Champagne at 16 euro and a Gin & Tonic which was pre -mixed before being served to us (an absolute no no ) for 13 euro. The amuse bouche was stylish but lacked flavour. The beef carpaccio starter was tasteless to me .... one small ultra thin slice may have been the problem ... as the accompanying decorated 'flavours' ruled the taste. Main course was a St Pierre (Fish) in a smoked foam. The fish was over cooked and had to be pulled apart rather than 'flaked'....the overwhelming flavour was smoke !! We did tell our waiter that we we're not impressed with the fish but I don't think our comment made it to the kitchen ! Desert was impressive to look at but again could only taste the chocolate part not the avocado ! A glass of Rose was 9 euros a 25 cl Coke 5 euro and a litre bottle of water 7 euro. Our bill was 174 euro's for lunch ! Just too expensive for the size of plates. The restaurant is very modern in decoration although located in a traditional house. The welcome was warm and friendly, staff are efficient but not particularly engaging. In summary a touch of the 'Emperor's New Clothes'

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed October 8, 2018

I visited SEPT for my birthday - solo dinner - I choose the degustation menu - that day 10 courses with wine pairing. Excellent !!! some dishes were to die for... the wine pairing was excellent - perfect combinations. Overall, great place to go and experience the French fine dining.

As a meat lover - I loved vegetarian dishes a lot... I believe that vegetarian person would enjoy the dinner a lot.

Date of visit: October 2018
3  Thank Pawel T
Reviewed August 26, 2018

We opted for the 12 course menu with wine pairing...no regrets! everything was superb from the service to the explanations from the staff.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Oli G
Reviewed April 6, 2018

Excellent experience from start to finish at Sept, visited for lunch and enjoyed the menu du jour. From the amuse bouche to the final petit four, the whole experience was faultless. The best meal I have had in France by a mile. The dishes are so inventive, the flavours so unusual and tasty. The chef is super talented and the service was attentive. I can't wait to return.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Pippa T
Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had an excellent lunch. The waiters the dishes the interior decoration... Everything is perfect ! I found the staff were very friendly and polite. All the dishes were full of flavour. I asked in advance that they make sure we finished lunch by 13:45 as we had meetings at 14:00, and the staff completely respected my request without making us feel like they were rushing us with the dishes. We will definitely come back!

Date of visit: March 2018