Best Western Beau Site Notre Dame
$101
$105
Les Vieilles Tours(Rocamadour)
$88
Le Terminus des Pelerins(Rocamadour)
$97
$76
All reviewsjacuzzi baththe cliffhotel restaurantbreakfast buffetnotre damefree parkingperfect hotelsuper hotelthe hotel staffroom was largeleave carlovely terracepaper cupsparking placelady on receptionmediaeval villagewithin the walls
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Best Western is not always a "come-buy-me" title but this hotel is a star turn. We'd previously stayed at a B-W place outside Uzes and had spotted the Beau Site in the free booklet in each bedroom. As we wanted to visit and possibly stay at Rocamadour, this was the obvious place; we arrived without booking and were given a choice of 3 rooms in the two buildings by a really professional, charming receptionist called Ariadne. The old building has an amazing entrance hall, much photographed by passers- by; the room we were shown had plenty of ambience and was tempting (149 euros). We were also shown 2 in the converted building across the street ,almost overhanging the valley far below. We finally decided on an enormous room at a special rate-with breakfast thrown in- (it was October) with a vast bathroom . (160 euros)
This was one of the best rooms we have stayed in; huge bed, good bedlinen, two large armchairs, desk etc. and enough space to have a party! Ditto the bathroom, with large walk-about shower plus a Jacuzzi bath . Lovely views from the long windows. No tea-tray or waters but nice toiletries and big towels.
We had dinner in the restaurant downstairs, again this had good views. "Professional " staff; 3 differently-priced menus, all interesting items, we would definitely recommend eating here. Breakfast the next morning was amazing; fresh fruits, meats, cheeses, kedgeree, lots of different breads and pastries .
We can thoroughly recommend this hotel and restaurant; it is in the centre of Rocamadour , which is pedestrianized except for residents of hotels etc., so one can park in the private car-park. We enjoyed Rocamadour , with its amazing architecture on the top of enormous cliffs, interesting shops, pilgrimage sites etc.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I decided to go to Rocamadour to have a very romantic day in a very nice place (like a fantasy place) to ask my girlfriend to marry me. The personnel from the hotel did more than I could expect to help me in such a purpose and give a surprise to my girlfriend. Therefore I am very happy and appreciate a lot the effort they took. Having said that, I have to recognise that the hotel is very comfortable and the medieval/old style is well achieved and cool. The restaurant has a very nice cook too!!!

It's the perfect hotel with perfect employees!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The hotel Beau Site in Rocamadour has belong to the same family for several generations, since the 19th century, and family pride still drives the pursuit of excellence. I stayed for three days in August 2013 - my 5th stay there, so that alone speaks volumes. This hotel has accommodation priced from €85 to €160; I have stayed at both ends of this range depending on room availability. I was never disappointed. The hotel staff are helpful; the welcome warm (bonjour Nadine, M. Menot). The restaurant is second to none; the food is typical Quercy, with a twist; the terrace perched over the steep valley is a magnificent spot to dine; as night falls the cliff faces opposite gradually drain of colour; the little night train climbs the incline opposite, lit up like a cross between a glow-orm and a caterpillar. Stay there, eat there - you wont regret it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the valley
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The Beau Site is a super hotel, in fact its so good that it is very difficult to get a reservation. This time we were in the main hotel, having a very good room with a balcony overlooking the one and only main street. The food is a little pricey bur dining on the Terrace in the evening is an experience not to be missed.

Room Tip: If you wish to dine on the Terrace book early, I usually book the Restaurant at the sane time as the room, following up with a telephone call.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank xantia
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed there as part of a business trip. The setting is just delightful, on top on the cliff, hotel full of character. I had a very comfortable room, typical of Best Western standards: clean, comfortable bed, good bathroom, although the floor was lethal when wet! But the pinacle of the evening was the meal: Absolutely first class, lamb that melts in the mouth, good wine, impeccable service. I thoroughly recommend it. Well worth spending the money. And after dinner, hop on the little train which takes you around Rocamadour at night. Just magical. The breakfast is very good too, over the terrace, great coffee, croissants are devine. I could have stayed there several nights. Go on, treat yourself!

Room Tip: Watch out for slippery bathroom floor!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business