“It was back in 2006, but memorable”

Hotel Saint-Georges
Ranked #25 of 185 Hotels in Lourdes
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is the hotel I would like to return to when staying at Lourdes. I was pleasantly surprised at how much great food there was. In fact; my friend and I had eaten a large lunch at a restaurant during the first day there; and we were not aware of the evening meal at the hotel. Needlessly to say; I could hardly fit the whole four courses in! The next day; we ate lightly during the day to make room for the meal at night at the hotel. I also like the view out to the river from the window. It is situated right next to the river. I found it a comfortable stay. As with all accommodation; I do not go for the accommodation only, so I do tend to go for something not too elaborate. I plan to stay there next time in Lourdes which will be another couple of years from now as I am very happy with the hotel. The date that I visited is not included in the cheque box but I wanted to give a review of this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Dawn Frances W

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed one night in a triple room. Three single beds, generally comfortable although the pillows were too small. The place is quite basic, but decent. It was clean. Wifi worked only intermittently. There was only one power point in the whole room. The bathroom was prone to flooding from the bathtub for some reason. Breakfast (extra charge at €8.50pp per night) was okay, with a nice view of the Gave from the breakfast room. The lady running the place was very pleasant. Location is near enough to the Sanctuaries, about a 5-10 minute walk away.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Matthew C
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed at Hotel St-Georges some years back and were very impressedwith the standard if cuisine. We liked the fact that the chef was quite able to fix he plumbing too;when you own a hotel being a jack of all trades will keep the costs down. However, as a chef this guy is a master; 3 course lunches and 4 course dinners with good variety in texture and flavour and proper attention to good dietary planning. His quiche is absolutely to die for, but so is the soup, the pudding, the fish et al. The dining room, an attractive room, is quite enhanced by the presence of glorious Calla Lilies. Indeed they are everywhere in the hotel. Christine, proprietress is charming, approachable, helpful and interested in the 'doings' of her guests. Rooms are reasonably basic but appropriate to the pilgrims for whom they are designed. All of the facilities are present and rooms are cleaned daily; the hotel is very clean throughout. Thank you for what was definitely the best part of my trip.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front have a grand view of the River Gave and, when the mist clears, a tiny portion of...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank wind37milllady
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed there as part of a group of friends on a short pilgrimage to Lourdes. The rooms are simply but comfortably furnished in the usual French three star manner and were spotless as was the disabled bathroom we had. The food was obviously all freshly prepared and came in ample portions and the dining room has a great view of the river. All the staff but expecailly Christine were friendly and helpful well beyond the call of duty and speak very good English. The bar area is just the right size for small groups and the only real disadvanges are that the single beds are a bit narrow and that there is nowhere to sit outside for more than a couple of people but these are hardly major considerations. We shall go there again given the chance.

Room Tip: You might want to check whether you are on a no smoking floor if fumes from other rooms bother you...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Mary B
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We are regular visitors to Lourdes and have stayed in several hotels there. Hotel St George is by far the best one we have found. It is a family business - Christine is responsible for the running of the hotel, and her husband is the chef. All the staff we met were extremely friendly and helpful, and most of them seem to be multilingual. Christine is very knowledgeable about Lourdes itself and the region; she helped us arrange several excursions to places of interest in the area, Our room was comfortably sized, overlooking the Gave and with a view of the Pyrenees. It was spotlessly clean. The restaurant and the food itself were a grade above what might be expected from a 3-star hotel. The meals were unpretentious and of excellent quality. The location suited us well. It's about 10 minutes walk to the Domain and more peaceful than many of the hotels which are very close to the Domain.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front of the hotel overlook the river Gave and have a good view of the Pyrenees
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Mick D
Reviewed April 6, 2013

it was a great hotel in the heart of Lourdes very friendly staff
not to far from the grotto also in view of the lake staff work round your needs with meals etc although not suited well for vegetarian meals but that is the norm for france you should give this hotel a chance

Room Tip: lake view but slightly noiceier
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank thomkay k
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stunning photographs of this s property impressed me a lot and I booked a room for our stay in this city for five days. Décor of the building is really fascinating. The moment we entered our room, my wife just hugged me and said Thank you! I have not expected this all. It was really a pretty room, very nicely decorated and appointed with all the amenities. The staff went out of its way to treat us like a very special member of the family. The food was awesome with wide variety of cuisines. I would love to come here again and again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple