“I will be back!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
encinitas, CA
“I will be back!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Read about Lung Ta on trip advisor and got excited about the proposition of something other than pizza or duck. The cuisine is very authentic and delicious. I spent nearly a month in the Khumbu this year and ate Dal and Momos every night. The dal soup and Momos here are exquisite. You won't be disappointed.

2 Thank RideStrong

Paris
“Welcoming place with good Tibetan food”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

One of my two favourite restaurants in Lourdes. Nice, welcoming, everything I had was good and wholesome (vegeterian momos, soups, and so on). They even have interesting books about Tibet you can peruse while eating. They are closed on Mondays.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Mary P
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great late service and great food,”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

After the processions stopped at 22.00 my wife and I were looking for a good restaurant. The silly thing is that it looks if this part of France goes to sleep directly after 22.00. We were told off in several occasions and arrived at Long Ta at approx 22.30 asking them to serve us. The manager and the chef had already cleaned an re-opened for us. The food especially the dumpling were amazing and not expensive! Thank you for serving us!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank NRoos
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
“Food of the gods...”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Lung Ta was so good that we had to go twice in the same week
Le restaurant Lung Ta est si bonne nous visitons le restaurant deux fois dans le meme semaine.

We went in with friends (that live in Lourdes) and they gave it a good recommendation.
Le restaurant etait recommendee par nos amis (les Lourdaises).

The food is superb, we are vegetarian and had a great meal in a relaxed atmosphere.
Le nouriture est super, nous sommes vegetarien, l'ambience du restaurant est relaxee.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank MecAnglais
Reading, United Kingdom
“Himalayan food in the Pyrenees.”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This was a real serendipitous find. Situated opposite to the entrance of the Peyramale car park I found it one evening when I was on my way to McDonalds. Expected it to be some kind of Chinese or Nepalese fare but was finally introduced to Tibetian cuisine. The decor is full of Tibetian and Dalai Lama Buddhist influenced. One corner had a small library of books about Tibet, Buddhism and philosophy. There was also a nice pictorial book about Tibet that the kids were able to flick through while dinner was being made right in front of us in the open kitchen.
My daughter who is a big fan of noodle soup had Then Thuk which is pulled noodles with vegetables and chicken in a warm broth perfect for the winter mountain air we were in. We also had fried noodles with meat and vegetables and mixed fried rice for the kids who were not very adventurous. I had a Shab tra that had stir fried beef tossed with vegetables and a bowl of rice. This was the Lung ta house version. All the dishes had common European vegetables that you can find in the supermarket instead of what you would find in Tibet. I imagine that they would be hard to find and also helps keep the cost down. The owner also gave us a speciality sauce that was made of red bean and chilli that was really hot. At the end I had the famous Tibetian tea that is made of chai, milk, butter and salt instead of sugar. I had seen Michael Palin having a go at this in his Himalaya series and wanted to taste it. The owner warned me that it will be difficult and it was. I probably would have finished it if was sugary. It was quite heavy going and half way down the heavy butter and excessive salt made me give up. I was able to share the copious amount of Jasmine tea that my wife had fortunately ordered to digest my heavy meal. Suffice to say that the quantites were great and price was realatively cheap. I will surely return if only for the fried rice. Can recommend as something different to eat at in Lourdes.

• Visited February 2014