I visited Lourdes in May 2012 along with few hundred other pilgrims. Some of us stayed at St Sauveur. The hotel is very close to sanctuary. The staff was really good and helpful. We preferred opting for Full board, the food was ok. We were allowed to choose a different desert or cheese or salad if we didn't want to have something that was served as part of the set menu.
The cafe and bar in the restaurant is open till late 11pm- midnight, so we didn't have to step out for coffee or drinks.
The downside of this hotel is that some of the rooms are very dark even after having all the lights switched on. The elevators are too small and during breakfast time we had to queue to use the elevator. One tip would be to use the elevator opposite the souvenir shop, not many people notice this elevator and hence is less crowded.
In my opinion if you do not want to go Full Board, there are some good reasonably priced hotels close by. I would prefer booking into a different hotel as it turns out less expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open all year round, Hôtel Saint-Sauveur is a contemporary hotel located in the vicinity of the Shrines. Its rooms are air-conditioned, cosily decorated, comfortable and modern and equipped with satellite TV, free WiFi, hairdryers and safes. The restaurant serves quality international cuisine and buffet-style breakfasts. Famed for the welcome afforded by its personnel, the hotel also has a brasserie, a bar, a tea & ice cream room, a store and car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Saint Sauveur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saint Sauveur Hotel Lourdes
- Saint Saveur Lourdes
- Saint Saveur Hotel Lourdes