“Just average, although fairly good for Lourdes” 3 of 5 bubbles

Le Palacio
Ranked #14 of 115 Restaurants in Lourdes
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A good restaurant is hard to find in Lourdes and though this one lists itself as a Pizzeria, it is where the locals eat. Located SW of the big market building.
Oakland, California
“Just average, although fairly good for Lourdes”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Lourdes is a hard town to get a good meal in. Most hotels (and there are hundreds) serve food, and it's fairly indifferent. The pilgrims who come to Lourdes are not fixated on the pleasures of the table.

I had dinner tonight at Le Palacio, blissfully away from the tourist scrum that is Lourdes, and while it was not terrible, I have to give it just an average score.

I got the most expensive menu, 32 euros, because I wanted the scallops in puff pastry. They were quite ordinary – the little kind, rather than the large sea scallops I hoped for. Should have known better – my bad.

The duck main course was OK, not exceptional, with tough layers of fat I had to cut off. Fairly chewy. The flavor was good but again not exceptional.

My dessert, apple tart, was quite good, maybe the best part of the meal. At a final bill of 44 euros, which included an aperitif and a half bottle of Provençal rosé, the quality should have been better.

My favorite restaurant in Lourdes to date is Alexandra, and I look forward to my dinner there in two days.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Geonev

Perth, Australia
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Arrived early and was seated outside. Our French is limited but the waiter clearly explained the menu. Food was served in a timely manner. Quality French food at a reasonable price. Cafe one very cheap.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Tracey R
Calgary, Canada
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Awesome food, great price. The owner was absolutely fantastic and was very accomodating for my wife's food allergies.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Rockguy_11
Manila
“Definitely worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

We went for lunch at Le Palacio without any reservations, lucky to get a table before the crowd started to arrive. It was raining hard and even if it is out of way, people kept coming and some have to be turned down. So it is really recommended to get a reservation.

The food was great, calamari was cooked perfectly although the roasted duck was a bit salty for my taste. We enjoyed the ambience and the staff were very welcoming. I would definitely come back if I'll be in Lourdes again.

• Visited May 2013
Lake Ridge, Virginia
“Best dinner of our trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

We went based on the reviews here and this was easily the best meal we had in Lourdes. Very reasonable fixed price menus, delicious food, and great service. A bit off the beaten path but well worth finding since one could easily spend twice as much at a place in the touristy section for a far less satisfying experience.

• Visited June 2013