“Nice Stay”

Ranked #5 of 185 Hotels in Lourdes
Dub in Down
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

This hotel was lovely small but perfect. Staff were nice and very friendly It was a short walk to the grotto. We had a quad room which was fine. We are a family of four. We didn't spend too much time in the hotel because the lobby area is small. The hotel is spotless and our room was very well cleaned daily. The only complaint I have really is the fact that our two children were charged full rate for a breakfast 8e each same as an adult my children are 6 and 2 and certainly don't eat as much as one adult never mind two! I'm sure they could do a special rate for children such a shame because otherwise I think I'd have given the 5 stars.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DubinDownSecret

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2012

The staff was fantastic and very helpful. The hotel as general was clean and the breakfast was good. The hotel is very close to the train station and around 10 min from the Sanctuary. But as Lourdes is a small town, you are able to walk everywhere.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 1, 2012

For staying two nights it was the right location as the sites were all withing walking distance. Many other hotels were closed this time of the year. The corner room we had, had two windows and a decorative chimney, was clean and had an easy chair. The bathroom with a shower as usual (in France) small, but adequate. The 140cm wide double bed was good and the buffet breakfast was excellent. We used the free WiFi, but the elevator was the smallest I remember; anyhow we usually use the stairs.
Luckely we could park our car in the short side street in front of the hotel, but when full you had to go 200 m round the block to possibly find a place; that may apply in summer.
Although the room faced the main street, since the room had double glass, trafic noise was rather low.
The reception staff was friendly but I was kind of surprised that I did not automatically get a receipt indicating that I paid the room.
For walking in the streets of Lourdes we found that you need to be careful where to walk because of the dog turds everywhere.

Room Tip: I guess with rooms in the rear there will be even less traffic noise.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed November 2, 2011

I spent two nights in Lourdes in October. My first night was at the Hotel Grande Moderne for 106 E ( elegant spacious lobby with restaurant and bar but a somewhat faded, stale room and snotty front desk personnel). Luckily for me -- they were unable to give me a 2nd night so I moved to the Hotel Majestic. It was 49E for a room with very simple but light and airy decoration and floorboards. The location for visitng the grotto was about a 10 minute walk which was very comfortable for me.

The young lady at the desk when I checked in was still there when I left early the next morning and I wish I knew her name -- she gave me a warm welcome when I arrived, helped me with great walking instructions and WiFi confusion and then did everything she could the next morning (12 hours later) to get me to the train station on time after my alarm failed to go off. As I flew out the door she handed me the breakfast I had to skip and told me she would just charge me half. Her impeccable manners and genuine warmth far exceeded the service of the front desk at the Hotel Grand Moderne.

My only problem was with the shower. I have read previous reviews that were complimentary about the bathrooms. Mine was a single room and the bathroom was quite small though very clean. However the shower had a curtain and I could not find a way to operate it without water spilling out over the floor and into the room. I would still return but would just be certain that I had an adequate shower.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
London
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Great hotel, clean with comfortable beds and good powerful shower. Friendly staff, good location, breakfast was good value and delicious! The only downside was our room was next to the street, which meant traffic noise and it was a few doors down from a bar playing loud music in the late evening. Closing the windows blocked most of the noise, but left the room hot and stuffy, as there was no air con
But overall a nice stay.

Room Tip: Very clean and nearby the sanctuaries
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Surrey
Reviewed June 14, 2011

We had 2 single rooms, both very clean, nice floorboards, flat screen TV,good size double bed. I was lucky to get the corner room, with 2 windows (all windows had electrical blinds at the touch of a button in the room) and a decorative fireplace for the same price. Walls recently painted, no marks or dirt anywhere in the rooms. Everything was of good taste and welcoming, including the bathroom and its modern shower, and stylish simple antique-like wardrobe, containing extra blanket+pillows.
Staff was friendly, professional and discreet. Breakfast was 8€ and consisted of a buffet with fresh croissants-pains au chocolat-yogurt,fruit & cheese, with occasionally some cold cuts. Good strong coffee. Free Internet everywhere, although my connection wasn't great from my room,some applications such as Facebook or MSN did not open, but checking my emails was easy and quick.
The main road can be a bit noisy, with quite heavy traffic to the town center starting quite early in the mornings, even on the 2nd floor where we were.
All in all I would highly recommend it, for 65€ it proved to be very good value for money. 5 minute-walk from the train station, very easy to find, and 1km to the shrines, so perfect compromise location-wise.

Room Tip: Ask for the corner rooms 2 windows with fireplace
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Panama
Reviewed December 20, 2010

My husband, my adult son and myself stayed for one night in late November. The weather outside was cold and rainy. Triple room was large, clean, well heated and had plenty of hot water in shower. Beds were comfortable. Reception staff was friendly and spoke several languages. There were not many guests in hotel and not many tourists in Lourdes. We did not eat breakfast at hotel. Hotel is relatively close to train station and the basilica and an easy walk to both. Price was moderate and I would certainly stay there again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple