“fantastic +++++”

Residence la Closeraie
Australia
“fantastic +++++”
Reviewed December 6, 2009

Stayed 1 night at the Citea Lourdes Camino in mid November 2009.
The modern building with elevator is made up of apartments that are much more roomier & more well equiped than your standard hotel room & much cheaper!. Location is excellent being next door to the Train station & it is a leisurely 10-15 min walk to the Grotto/basillica grounds. Part of the walk back is uphill, yet still easy. Plenty of dining places nearby.
The staff were all very friendly & spoke great English. We were two couples in seperate apartments shared by a common entry. Both apartments were very roomy. had nice modern furniture, kitchenette, large bathroom, etc. The corner apartment also had large windows looking onto a stunning view of the mountains beyond. I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ozpix

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed September 13, 2009

We were booked into the Best Western,but they did not want us due to overbooking. We were then taken across the road to the brand new Citea Lourdes Camino, an Aparthotel.

The fully air-conditioned rooms on the 5th Floor are very spacious and have all the basic comforts. The bathroom fulfils its purpose and was very clean. The view onto the mountains adds to the charm. For the long stay guest there is a kitchenette with fridge, electric stove, oven and micro-wave.

Best of all, WiFi in the room is free and the room rate was half of the Best Western rate.

The location right next to the SNCF railway station is ideal for the weary traveller. A 20 minute walk takes you to the Sanctuaries and the Grotto.

We asked for an extended check-out time at 4 p.m. No problem at all, without charge!

Finally, the English speaking staff were very friendly and efficient.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Zeist, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 18, 2008

This apartment hotel is still very new; actually the parking garage wasn't ready yet, so I had to park elsewhere. This wasn't a problem, because there were several parking lots nearby and they were free.
I booked the hotel last minute through the internet and paid EUR 50 per night for a studio, which is also the price mentioned on their price sheet, so it's honest pricing. It's located right next to the train station and you can walk to one of the main streets in 5 minutes, downhill. To walk back to the hotel it's obviously uphill, so beware. As it's next to the station, you can clearly hear the trains if your window is open, however closing the window takes care of the problem; you hardly hear them anymore. The rooms have airconditioning, so don't worry about the heat if the window is closed.
The studio apartment was a bit small, but still had a kitchen with fridge and microwave. The bathroom had a nice bath/shower combination. Everything was spotless.
There was a small flat-screen tv on the wall at the foot of my bed, which was convenient. They had 20 channels, including some in Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, German and English. I read a comment by someone from England complaining that there was only one English-language channel, which sounded pretty ridiculous to me. I mean: how many French channels do you have on your tv in the UK?
Reception was open until 6PM on weekends, which is a bit odd. Fortunately they had waited for me when I arrived at 6.30 on Saturday evening. The girls at reception were fluent in English.
My stay in Lourdes was pleasant. I didn't come for Mary (I'm a protestant), but instead I came to watch the Tour de France cycling event, which had two stages in the area. Actually one stage passed right in front of the hotel, but I was somewhere high up on a mountain by then, where the athletes came through one-by-one.
The whole town is within walking distance of the hotel, although it does involve some up- and downhills. The nearest main street is a bit tacky, with cheap shops, cheap restaurants and big buses driving through a very narrow street. To me it was strange to see shops selling both statues of Mary and AC Milan football shirts. Although I must say they were all catholic players...

• Liked — Cleanliness, location
  • Disliked — Reception closed early
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
Harrow
Reviewed July 2, 2008

Two of us stayed at this hotel for a week. I had booked to stay in the Citea St Jeanne, but when I got an email a couple of days prior to leaving they had put us is this hotel. When I enquired at the St. Jean when we arrived they said it was because they were full! I was not impressed with this as we wanted to be close to the Sanctuary and were a mile away or a 25 minute walk, which caused us some logistical problems as we wanted to self cater!!! and would have been a disaster had we been disabled.

Aside from that, here is my review...

Brand new hotel of apartments, completed in about April 2008. There appears to be some work to be finished at the front of the hotel. This should not affect guests.

We had a suite with twin beds which consisted of a lovely clean new bathroom, with a shower over the bath. A twin bedroom and a sitting room with a sofa bed tv, table and little kitchen area. The only English programme we were able to watch was BBC world news which was a bit boring, but better than nothing!

The suite was in the eaves which made for interesting dimensions of the rooms, sloping ceilings but a lovely view of the mountains.

The kitchen area was fine. Two electric hobs and a sink. Very petite but serviceable. Cutley, incl. bottle opener and can opener, a frying pan and saucepan were provided and a microwave. We managed good meals with a little imagination. The fridge door didn't open fully as it was up against a wall, but it was a minor irritation. You will need a dishcloth to wipe up and some washing up liquid.

Soap, shower gel and clean towels are provided every day and the apartment is cleaned every day also. It seemed to be a bit deserted no doubt because of it newness and location.

The hotel is directly next to the station which I have to say was convenient or arriving and leaving, as we came by train. The walk to the shrine is pleasant enough and close to the Church where St. Bernadette was baptised and the Cacho where she lived. Also, there is a wonderful French market in the town about 10 minutes walk away, and a great bakers on the corner opposite McDonalds. We eat at a great bar/restaurant on the corner opposite an Italian Ice cream kiosk on the other side of the bridge when walking to the grotto (ironically just past the Cite St Jeanne! which ovelooks the bridge. They have free internet when you eat or drink there and outside tables and wicker chairs. Lovely cappucinos!

Everywhere is a bit pricey but we found this hotel excellent value for money and we were grateful for somewhere to stay at suh a busy time. It was PACKED!

If Citea Lourdes had not messed us up we would have given this a 5 star rating. If you don't mind the walk and perhaps would like somewhere quieter and more peaceful, this could be the choice for you. We highly recommend it!

• Liked — Clean, new, quiet and spacious.
  • Disliked — It's distance from the Lourdes Sanctuary.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)