“Great stop for lunch”

Les Petits Producteurs
Ranked #1 of 131 Restaurants in Cahors
Reviewed November 2, 2018

Not too many tables and serving only lunch but it is definitily a place to try as the food is really good and the staff very nice and helpful. It is also great to supporte the local production. Great shop also.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

How this Guy can deliver this standard of food from a kitchen 3m x2m is beyond me. Superb food and wonderful wines and so easy to pay. No wonder it’s full every lunchtime!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed April 18, 2018

I live locally and have tried quite a few restaurants (not the expensive ones!!) in Cahors but not this one. Today was a day for eating outside - temperature high 20s. Perfect - a woody hillside beyond the river Lot to my left and the Cathedral with a flute playing to my right - what more could one ask - especially as the food we chose was delicious. We were brought an amuse bouche - tiny foie gras on toast. I chose tagliatelle with foie gras and my Bridge partner chose the salad. Both were delicious - but the pasta was so simple and so delicious - put fine slices of foie gras on hot pasta (al dente) and it just melts in the heat spreading the flavour throughout the dish - mmmmmmmm! Or miam miam. The products are sourced locally and many sold in the shop which is a part of the restaurant. There are photos others have added of the tagliatelle and I would say that the slices of foie gras on the one I ate today were finer but perhaps constituted just as much foie - although not sure of that - It was good value - 11€ methinks. Will definitely return. Those serving were charming - the owners?? Also, check out their web site there are recipes to be had.

3  Thank Judith U
Reviewed April 8, 2018

This is a lovely shop and restaurant - outstanding wine and foie gras, all in a beautiful part of Cahors next to the cathedral. Thoroughly recommended.

1  Thank DeborahW22
Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

It was our first visit to Cahors. The day was still crisp cold but full of sunshine.
We went there on Easter Sunday and the bistro was open. It has lovely outdoor seating viewing the Cathedral on the one side and the river (a glimpse) on the other side. It was very easy to find. We parked along the riverside.
The resto was full but we decided to wait until a table was free. That was a good one hour as diners were not at all in a rush (we forgot that this was France!). While waiting, we got to sample their red and white wine and canapés of homemade duck pâté and foil gras. The owners were very nice and apologetic that we had to wait for along time. I believe that being able to speak French well helped us a great deal.
The dining space was small and tight and the kitchen was tiny. But, things functioned perfectly. We had foie gras three ways (13€) served on toasted baguette, which was utterly delicious. There were six giant pieces to share and we were nearly full after this entrée. Afterwards my husband had tagliatelle (14€) with foie gras which was cooked and seasoned beautifully. Pasta was al dente and coated in foie gras flavor. My dish was a large salad (13€) with three cheeses, walnuts and smoked duck breast. It was great and I fell in love with the local goat cheese Rocamadour. Portions of each dish were not huge but more than enough to eat. We didn’t manage to try any desserts. Their Cahors red wine, see photo, (known as black wine - Vin noir) was excellent. We bought two bottles to go plus two pots of their foie gras.
All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed our experience here and can highly recommend this small place that represents regional French delicacies with much charm - and flavors!