“I ate myself to a standstill!”
Review of La Toscane

La Toscane
Ranked #126 of 486 Restaurants in Metz
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2011

Ate at La Toscane based on Trip Advisor reviews and we were not disappointed. We dropped in early evening to make a reservation which was lucky as when we turned up at 7pm the restaurant was practically full. Even with a full restaurant, the service was prompt and friendly. The food was excellent. We ate both pizza and pasta. The pizza was freshly made and cooked in a flame oven, while the carbonara was rated "the best ever!'. A shared strawberry special pudding and a Dame Blanche meant that we walked home very very slowly! Overall an excellent meal and if we find ourselves in Metz, we will be booking at table and ensuring that we turn up hungry!

Reviewed March 28, 2011

In all honestly I was worried about the name that sounded to me misspelled but some friends pushed me for going and it was a nice surprise. The food was really tasty and traditionally italian. The service was discrete and fast and the final price reasonable. I could be disappointed just about the noisy environment but the restaurant was fully packed and then I cannot really judge the ambience.

Reviewed August 21, 2010

Italian food superbly cooked. Great veal dishes (superb involintini), great salads (try the three cheese or the chicken liver ones) and fine pizzas. The service was efficient and pleasant enough. The restaurant was packed every night we ate there.

Reviewed April 3, 2010

Metz on a drizzly Sunday night is a pretty quiet place but my wanderings brought me to La Toscane where people were piling in. Although on my own I was given a table but the seating was cheek by jowl. No place for a very personal conversation. However the atmosphere was so lively and the staff were charming. They call themselves a pizzeria but the cuisine, though Italian in influence, seemed superior to that. As busy as they were, there was no effort to rush me to vacate the table which I appreciated.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook