See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stopped here for an overnight with three friends, all of us on motorbike only to wake in the morning to find one of the had been stolen. Hotel management did not seam one bit bothered!

Stay away.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank ukpeteuk
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stayed here on a Sunday night for an appointment on Monday morning and chose the hotel based on price and free parking. It was cheaper to book directly from their website than from an online hotel agent.

The service was prompt and appropriate in a way that one would not complain, but it cannot be described as "warm, friendly and welcoming". The big issue I had a problem with was, after breakfast the next morning, when we were packing up in our room, someone had opened our door without knocking, then said something in rapid French and left. I can only imagine the hotel staff to have keycard access into rooms, and I thought it was a real violation of privacy.

The hotel has no lifts (elevators), which I suspect is the case in quite a few French buildings. The room was very small, the en suite shower was the size of a cupboard with no hair dryer, but at least it was very clean and equipped with a soap dispenser. There were hangers for suits and blouses but no iron. The free Wifi ran at a good speed. There was no mini bar fridge in the room, nor coffee/tea facilities. Although we have none, we noticed the tarif board stating pets were allowed in the hotel for an additional fee. No heating/A/C in the room, but the hot shower was marvellous.

Through the night I could hear sounds, almost like people walking around and/or moving furniture. The breakfast on a weekday is served from 7.30 to 9.30am but by 10am people were still streaming in and the staff were still refilling the baskets, so at least they were quite tolerant and flexible. The assortment was not bad but there was no hot food.

Finally, it's not an easy place to find without a GPS if one is driving there, and because of the current roadworks, the road is a one-way street where exiting back onto the main street was quite a feat. I don't suppose this will last forever but it's something to consider for at least the next few months.

Room Tip: Since there are no elevators, request if possible for rooms on levels 1.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2011

This is a chain of modern hotels that have tiny rooms at a discount price. It is all one needs when travelling since it is just for the night. Excellent breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2010

We wanted a cheap hotel in Metz and we found the "Best". It was jut OK for a night but there was a noise all night long like water pouring somewhere. We found long hairs on our bed, this was disgusting. Breakfast is cheap (7 euros) but very basic and coffee is not good.
A good thing is the free wifi in the room

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vincent1568
Reviewed January 8, 2007

I have stayed here two times to attend the Metz antique market and was impressed each time. This is a perfect little two star hotel. Very clean - immaculate! And the rooms are recently refurbished and modern (and the parking is free). My husband and I usually stay in 4+ star hotels but this was perfect for our shopping trips. I highly recommend this and will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with friends