1,098 results
All reviews car park shopping mall one night direct access sofa bed st jacques convenient parking separate toilet central location hotel is modern walking distance sized room coach party overnight stop cathedral centre lift
Selected filters
Reviewed January 4, 2019

We had a very large room with a hi-def tv, mini fridge, tea, coffee, and kettle, and mini-safe. The bed was firm-ish but comfortable and there was a sofabed as well.
The toilet was in a small separate room. There was a powerful and hot rainshower in the walk-in shower.
There is direct access via lift from the carpark below (level -3 yellow) to the hotel and the hotel gives a discounted parking rate.
The hotel has a good location right in the town centre.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
NOVMETZ, Directeur général at Novotel Metz Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2019

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to write on Tripadvisor.

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Metz centre.

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Novotel Metz Centre.

Sincerely

Reviewed December 29, 2018 via mobile

I usually like novotels but this is by far the worst.

I know it's a 2 to 3 star chain but that doesn't mean cleanliness and room condition should suffer.

First room, which was shabby at best, had a block drain but we were moved quickly to another. This room was equally shabby and had stained carpets and generally in a poor condition, the drain was fine but the shower would only go halfway.

The beds were comfortable even if they were 2 singles (in both rooms). You can also hear rooms above crashing about.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
NOVMETZ, Directeur général at Novotel Metz Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2019

Dear Customer,

I appreciate the time you took to share the problems you encountered during your stay.

Firstly, please allow me to say how sorry I am that these issues affected your satisfaction during your stay in my hotel.
Please be assured, that I will do my utmost to provide an appropriate follow up to your comments.

I do hope that, despite these issues, we will be able to welcome you again as a client of Novotel Metz Centre.

Reviewed December 23, 2018

We stayed here for 2 nights in the summer whilst travelling.
The 1st problem we encountered was the parking as we were in a van and the car park was under ground (height restriction of 1.85mtrs I think). The reception staff allowed us to park right outside the front door which was really helpful! Parking in the town can be a bit of a problem if youre in a large vehicle.

The hotel was really nice, check in was very fast and staff were all friendly.
Location couldn't be better really, right in the middle of town next too the busy square of 'St Louis Place'.

Unfortunately, food and drinks in the hotel are just far too overpriced, seems to be a theme throughout the Novotel chain to be fair! St Louis Place is right next door, plenty of bars & restaurants for decent prices, hence an empty bar in the hotel!

Beds comfortable, good sized room, good shower room facilities.
Breakfast - pretty awful (like most Novotels I'm afraid), I'm not the fussy type, but even I was struggling to find some positives!

City of Metz is great, plenty of things to see and would definately come back!

Room tip: Its in the town centre so any views are likely to be impaired a little!
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
NOVMETZ, Directeur général at Novotel Metz Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2018

Dear Customer,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Metz Centre.

Reviewed December 19, 2018 via mobile

Worst experience. The staff especially in the Breakfast bar are not friendly and racist. The locals (white) requests for a egg to cook sunny side up but the Chinese requested for the same service, we were rejected. We asked for reasons and they ignored. I cannot imagine Novotel is providing such a low rated standard of service. How much is an egg cost and Novotel cannot offer to other guests.

I lodged a complaint to my tour manager and he made a check with the staff who replied the raw eggs are limited (4 - 5), and waiting for re-supply.

I was shocked when I heard the explanation as I asked for an egg before a Caucasian. The staff said no and minutes later, she gave two Caucasian who requested after me, the eggs to cook sunny side up on the frying pan.

Next, the fruits were also rotten as well. How dare you serve your guest.

Shame of you.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Reviewed December 19, 2018

The Location of this hotel is great, Right in the Center of town.
However, that is Pretty much the only Thing that is great About it. Very old carpeting, bathrooms outdated, etc.
Restaurant is less than mediocre, even with a very limited menu.
Breakfast very limited, Foods not replenished.

• Trip type: Traveled with family