“Convenient, if a bit cramped”

Ibis Styles Nancy Centre Gare
Ranked #14 of 40 Hotels in Nancy
“Convenient, if a bit cramped”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I stayed four nights for a conference at the nearby Univ. Lorraine. It was fine and an easy walk to the central Place Stanislaus. Room was tight and i had to roll the bed from side to side depending on where I needed to be. Breakfasr was good, but for almost exactly the same price I stayed at the Suite Novotel on the other side of town in a much more spacious room. Both had excellent wifi. In fact, All Seasons was prob slightly better, and the coin laundry next door came in handy.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We stayed here for two nights--May, 2012. I would not stay at the All Seasons in Nancy, France again. The first thing I thought when I saw the room (booked as a "suite", but tiny and depressing), was "I am so glad we are only here 2 nights." The front desk was very accommodating, but that's it--hard beds, crazy breakfast room (only one coffee machine had to wait in line 15 min for coffee), air conditioning that barely works. We have been traveling through France for one month, and this is one of the worse hotels where we have stayed.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Nancy hotels

Zeist, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 27, 2012

This hotel is very close to the city center. Friendly staff at the reception. Most of the room are situated around a garden. Some of the rooms look out on the hotel's parking place. We did have a very comfortable room. View on the parking place. Room is very quiet at night. We dit have breakfast with real fresh orange juice. Hotel is just a few minutes’ walk away to this historic center (Stanislas square).
For a city trip, this hotel is great. Driving to the south of France, stay one or two nights in Nancy.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
Reviewed May 5, 2012

The Nancy train station has been restructured in recent years and now there are 3 different directions that you can go when you arrive by train. You used to just be able to go out the front, but now there is an exit out the "back" and also out the "side." The All Seasons on on the side of the station and super practical if you are arriving by train. However, I was driving to Nancy, and even though it wasn't hard to find the hotel by following the train station signs, once I had spotted it and had to drive past because there was no parking, I found myself totally disoriented for the next half hour. I finally parked in the SNCF station lot (12€ overnight) a block from the hotel. I don't know where the hotel parking itself was (perhaps in the same place with a validation card) but I saw that it was 8€, so not really a huge difference.

As for the hotel itself, it was fine although the wifi was unreliable and I had to keep reconnecting constantly. The room was not huge (expected) but adequate. The bathroom and separate WC were excellent. The flat screen TV had just the standard 18 French channels and had not added the usual 4 or 5 foreign channels that I find in nearly every hotel -- one German, one Italian, one British, one Spanish, etc.... Not a problem for me, but it could be a disappointment for visitors who do not speak French.

Everything was impeccably clean, and the only problem that I had was when I checked out and the receptionist said that I had a bar bill. As I had not been to the bar, I had the charges removed, but I saw the look of doubt in the receptionist's eyes! I asked her if they required guests to sign a bar bill, but she said, no, they just ask for the room number now. I told her that the old ways had a certain amount of merit and she agreed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We spent one night, again, at All Season Nacny Centre Gare hotel. We booked (non-refundable via a commercial hotel site) for a great rate of less than Euro 70 for the night including breakfast. We were in room 104 this time. The room was tiny (it reminded me of Paris room sizes) but adequate, included a flat screen TV, and a good sized bathroom. I mean really, all you do is sleep and shower in the room so the size really doesn't matter.

Breakfast (included in our rate) was great with fresh squeezed orange juice, a machine for coffee products (your choice of cafe au lait, espresso, etc), wonderful bread (and the croissants and baguettes were pretty good too!), and the normal cheese/ham spread. Cereals were also available.

The hotel has a private parking lot (Euro 7 for the night) adjacent to the back entrance to the hotel. It's a bargain as any public parking lot in Nancy is more expensive.

Despite the small room, we were pleased with the hotel, staff, and stay. When we overnight again in Nancy there's no doubt we'll stay here yet again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Vevey, Switzerland
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Despite its slightly dingy location this hotel turned out to offer good comfort, clean rooms, free Wi-fi, a pleasant breakfast buffet and a friendly staff at a reasonable price. Lets hope it stays that way.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family