Grand Hotel De La Reine
$96
  • Bar/Lounge
$103
$100
All reviewsopera houseplace stanislasmarie antoinettemuseum of fine artsclassic hotelthese problemsl occitanefrench windowsmain staircasestanislas squaresitting roomcafes and restaurantsgorgeous placeold world charminner courtyardperfect locationbreakfast room
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed only one night as we were in transit but wish we could have stayed far longer, if only for the incredibly comfortable bed! But that would leave out the spectacular location, the evening light show, the sense of grandeur and history, the helpful staff, the wonderful bar, and the great value. Honestly don't have any complaints.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joan c
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

This hotel has loads of charachter and history. Maybe rooms are not too new, but they are clean and spacious enough. Service is great.
An amazing location in the heart of Nancy. The town itself is almost idyllic. I shall definately return and would not stay anywhere else but Grand Hotel de La Reine.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank petroff
Reviewed June 5, 2012

The Grand Hotel de la Reine is perfectly positioned to be a great hotel, but it fell down in a number of ways. We arrived at about 11:30 and our room was not available. We checked our bags and I asked if they had a map of the city. I was told they were out of them and pointed us to the Tourist Office, which at least was only a block away. When we returned at 3, our room was ready -- we had booked a royal room with a view of the square. It was as lovely as the square it overlooked. There was only one problem -- after a few minutes, my wife said is the air conditioning on. I checked the thermostat and it had an error message. I tried calling reception, but there was no answer so I returned in person. The receptionist said something along the lines of there were complaints last night, but our engineer doesn't work on Sunday. Let me come look. She checked our air conditioning and the room next door as a possible alternative and concluded that the air conditioning was kaput. She showed me a much lesser quality room, but it was small and dark and we had already unpacked so we elected to stay put and open the windows. Of course, we were on a busy square so ultimately we had decide between hot -- it was in the upper 80s that day -- or noisy. Another issue was the failure to honor my request for a wakeup call. Fortunately I had set my Blackberry alarm as a back-up, but it was annoying nevertheless. As a result, I also checked to see if they had ordered the taxi I had asked for the night before. That was remedied in my presence. The receptionist did knock 20 Euros off the price and included breakfast for our troubles.

Room Tip: Given the air conditioning issue, make sure your room is functioning before you unpack.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank prhnjd
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Awesome location for any trip to Nancy! Right in the square center. Fabulous staff, extremely pleasant & helpful. The hotel is beautiful and obvious attention was given to keeping the decor/updates tasteful to keep the authenticity of the hotel. Parking is not super covenant, the parking garage is 1/2 a block away but, the staff offered help with the luggage. We didn't take them up on their offer as we didn't have much luggage so I'm not sure if they were willing to take luggage completely to the garage or not.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vikdchk
Reviewed February 28, 2011

This classic hotel is well situated in Nancy, on stanislas place. Rooms are not design at all but the style here is more "french classic" but used. Very pleasant due to location, but it needs a refresh.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple