Lowest prices for your stay
$100
View deal
Free cancellation until 07/02/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
All reviews coffee plantation beautiful bathroom costa rica lovely place garden lake restaurant guests wifi bathrobes herons
Selected filters
Reviewed January 3, 2016

Everything about this lodge was excellent. The room was spacious and clean with a great shower. The dinner and breakfast were both excellent and the views were spectacular. We were the only guests during our visit and it seemed very isolated. Highly recommend.

Date of stay: December 2015
1  Thank ARTarea51
Reviewed May 28, 2015

The hotel is in the premisses of a coffee plantation. the food is delicious and staff were very friendly and welcoming.
Breakfast was served in table outside with lake view.
they have their own organic coffee, which is very good.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank CesarAbe
Reviewed November 4, 2014

This hotel has a great location and the rooms are lovely and comfortable. The only reason they didn't get a 5 star is because there were no screens and it was hot and we couldn't open the windows. We had two adjoining rooms which was perfect for our family and the little terraces would have been perfect with a little table and chairs. They had an open window from the little kitchenette to outside and we had a lovely wine and cheese party even without a table. The only bother was once again the bugs. A bug zapper would be perfect. There was a beautiful bathroom, well furnished and a flat screen tv. Unfortunately, internet was sparse, but that's Costa Rica. The hotel people were very nice and we enjoyed our stay very much. Oh yeah, they left coffee and a few snacks for the guests which was an excellent touch. did I tell you the grounds were beautiful - even with no water in the lake. We would definitely go back.

Room tip: I'm sure any room would be wonderful.
Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Teresa V
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Went there for lunch yesterday as part of an organized tour. What a great place! The view from the garden is amazing and it is located in the beautiful Central Valley.
The lunch itself was a casero we had a choice if lomo, pollo, tilapia and palmitos for the vegetarians. It as very tasty and well presented. I have to say after two weeks of rice at every meal, I still wonder how Costaricans can put 4 types of carbohydrates in one plate, but heh...

Date of stay: June 2014
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Claireybriain
Reviewed April 10, 2014

In March 2014, my husband and I were married at La Casona. I cannot say enough wonderful things about our experience!

First of all, the service is incredible. I had almost my entire family staying at the villas, and the staff were incredilbly patient, kind, and flexible. We had a private group meal at the restaurant the night before the wedding, and they went to every effort to make it just as high quality and special as the actual event. Junior and Ana Ligia and the rest of the staff truly make you feel like family!

The villas are gorgeous! They are almost brand-new, so they are well-equipped and modern. The bedding and decor are modern yet elegant. Both beds and showers are great. The honeymoon suite is stunning, with a jacuzzi tub and its own fireplace. It is set back so you are a little away from the other guests :) And when you open your sliding glass door to the forest, you can hear the birds singing!

Breakfast is currently down at the restaurant, although I understand that it is going to be in the reception area. Excellent food, of course! La Casona is well-known as one of Costa Rica's most famous miradores (restaurants with a look-out point). Plus some of the best coffee around :)

One of the best parts is the location itself. There are walking trails through the forest and by the lake, and also the option to take a tour of the coffee plantation. Several of my wedding guests took it and recommended it.

It may sound like this is a too-good-to-be-true review, but truly, there is little negative that I can say about our experience. Costa Ricans: this is a great choice for a weekend get-away. Tourists: the Cachi valley is a bit out-of-the-way, but it has beautiful views and is a peaceful retreat.

Room tip: There are two with air conditioning, although truly, the weather is so lovely that you don't really need them.
Date of stay: March 2014