“Ok”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We are no wine experts and asked for a simple housewine. They showed us then the huge wine-card. We were not sure and we decided then to take only a small bottle and left the choice to the garçon, after we let him know that we could not choose.
We got a half bottle for 17 euro, it was a nice wine.
Then after the bottle was opened we discovered that there was a special daily wine offer, a bottle for 18 euro, we felt a bit betrayed.

1  Thank CatharinaWilhelmina
There are newer reviews for La vache au plafond

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Quirky venue with huge menu and then the specials board was even bigger. Staff while not speaking much English were very helpful and we had a wonderful night. Deserts were amazing leave room for one of the specials

1  Thank Janine S
Reviewed April 15, 2014

My wife and I have eaten here twice at noontime. The Visa office is nearby (OFII) and we took this opportunity before our interviews to have an enjoyable meal. The confit de canard and steak tartar were excellent. I found it amusing that we were warned the tartar would be raw and then even more amusing at the server's reaction when we said "we hope so." Prices for France are reasonable. The ambience is a bit funky but that's part of the charm.

1  Thank Robert R
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

If you want to experience the best in traditional (home like) French cuisine, this restaurant is the place to go in Limoges. Being very often in Limoges on business trips, I tried many restaurants in the town centre, and this one proves to be the preferred choice of my colleagues and myself. Rich menu, very generous portions. My suggestions are camambert roti, magret de canard and the best profiteroles dessert I have ever eaten. Not to forget the foie gras with fruits (starter). Kind and welcoming staff, reasonable prices.

1  Thank World_Traveller_982
Reviewed October 15, 2013

There is literally a model of a cow upside down on the ceiling!
It was a traditional restaurant of the region with a good menu that was reasonably priced. They spoke very little English but were extremely friendly and welcoming. The food was excellent and plentiful.

1  Thank Glyn F