“A PEACEFUL SOJOURN”

$83.03*
Roman Sites Small-Group Day Trip from Avignon, Including Nîmes and Uzès
$130.47*
and up
Provence Wine and Heritage Tour from Avignon: Les Baux de Provence, Nimes and...
$94.89*
and up
Roman Sites in Provence Half-Day Tour from Avignon Including Pont du Gard, Uzès...
Ranked #4 of 30 things to do in Uzes
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Médiéval Garden History laden place, botanical garden, panoramic view from King's tower
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Melbourne, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A PEACEFUL SOJOURN”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed in an apartment which overlooked part of the garden. I'm not knowledgeable on plants at all, but found the garden visit a pleasant break in my sightseeing. There's a lovely garden to stroll in and I climbed up the tower to a fantastic view over the town. The climb was very steep and tight and about 100 steps as I arrived hot and sweaty but it was well worth the view. You can sit in the garden and have a complimentary herbal tea. I won't say it's a must to visit, but I was very glad I did and the view at the top was the highlight.

Wilton, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Tranquil zone”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The Medieval Garden is a zone of tranquility and well worth a visit if you enjoy gardens. In addition to the pretty flower and herb beds, you can go up an old stone tower and have a wonderful view over Uzes and the surrounding area. Finish off your visit by sitting in the garden and enjoying a complimentary cup of herbal tea!

1 Thank Margaret C
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Overlooked and that was a mistake!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I thought this would be a nice place to stop into so we saved it for last. We arrived just as they were closing and could not look further than the entrance. If you care at all about gardens, this is something to fit in since we were at least able to see that they have all kinds of plants, neatly labeled so you can quickly learn what you would like to try growing yourself. They sell seedlings and seeds for reasonable prices. If it's the right season and you aren't sure if it's worth dropping in, it is.

1 Thank well_traveled_gal222