All reviews la maison beautiful hotel one star michelin star walking distance of everything boutique hotel romantic weekend spacious bathroom the ground floor old building lovely town france delight french comfort art privacy
Selected filters
Reviewed May 6, 2019

Me and my husband decided to enjoy a romantic weekend in the marvelous and typical city of Uzes. La Maison d'Uzes is a Relais et Chateaux inside a two centuries old house which was completley refreshed in a modern and cozy way. Entrance is large and the old stones already invite you for a nice journey!

No need to tell you that immediatly I was mesmerized by the architecture and the huge stairway. The room was beautiful with a lot of modern amenities and a spacious bathroom with tub and shower. The ambient is cozy and in a chic provence style.

The restaurant is one-star Michelin and gives you the best overview of what french cuisine in Provence should be.

The staff was more than helpful and attended us in every details.

Obviuosly the location is one of the great asset of the hotel: in the very heart of old city and on a walking distance of everything you need.

Our weekend would not have been the same if not with La Maison d'Uzes !!

If you look for a chic and nice Provence destination at 1 hour from Marseille, this where you should stay.

Thanks for this great opportunity.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
h8collection, Directeur général at La Maison d'Uzes, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2019

Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your kind review.

It is a great pleasure to take notice of your satisfaction following your stay in our House. We are glad you enjoyed and appreciated the quiet village of Uzès , the comfort of your room and our restaurant.

It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back soon to renew this pleasant experience.

Reviewed March 4, 2019

We have just spent three nights in La Maison d'Uzes and whilst it was pleasant we felt that various small details let it down. We thought the lack of escutcheons and the loose cover to our door handles should have been addressed. The shower door in our room, La Derobee, was impossible to shut fully which meant it leaked. The cornice which had been added when the room was divided to create the bathroom was quite crudely fixed with no attempt to fill the fixing screw holes. The staff were friendly and smiling..

Date of stay: March 2019
h8collection, Directeur général at La Maison d'Uzes, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2019

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

We also take into account your comments in a constant concern for improvement. Please know that I am sorry to read your disappointment, my teams and I really want to give each of our guests an exceptional moment.

We look forward to welcoming you during your next stay,

Reviewed February 27, 2019

In addition to providing all the expected luxuries and comforts, this hotel is a fine work of art in itself. Many have tried modern decor in an old building, but few have pulled it off as successfully as here. Wherever I looked there was something to delight and amaze. Great service, plenty of reading material scattered around, nice minibar, lovely town. While in my room I did occasionally hear muffled voices, so it's not completely soundproofed, but generally quiet. Btw there's a spacious free parking lot down the hill to the east, past the tennis club.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

What a pleasure to read your comments about your stay in our establishment, la Maison d'Uzès.

I am delighted that you have appreciated the services offered by our house and the attention given to our decoration
We look forward to welcoming you during your next stay,

Reviewed October 19, 2018

I was extremely excited about our stay here, but we had the most unpleasant experience on our second night. I had accidentally knocked over a glass in our room and it broke. I rang the reception to have someone get it cleaned. An hour later, someone shows up to clean broken glass with no broom or vacuum. She casually just wiped it with a wet cloth and out of the corner of my eye, I noticed that she had thrown it over the stairs which was shocking. I asked her if she could vacuum the room because a wet cloth is hardly a way to clean up broken glass as there were fragments all over the room. She explained to me in French (which i barely understand) that the vacuum wasn't available. Anyways, a few minutes later as I was heading out, I wanted to check if she actually threw the glass over the stairs. And on the ground floor, was a seating arrangement - a table with two chairs and a chessboard on the table. And lo and behold, there were two big pieces of glass on the chair. I was in utter shock that this had actually happened. I shudder at the thought at what could have happened if someone had sat on that chair.

I complained to the sweet receptionist who said she will look into it. When I came back, the receptionist said, madam, your room has been cleaned. Upon entering the room, I noticed that there were still multiple pieces of glass everywhere! Had i taken my shoes off, I could have easily been cut by the glass fragments! I immediately called the receptionist who came up and was apologetic and said I will get the vacuum. I said let it be as it was getting late and I wanted to sleep. However, she did get a broom to sweep it up which is exactly what should have been done in the first place. And whilst she was sweeping, lots of glass came out from under the chair etc.

My point is, what happened today could have either had me seriously injured or someone who would have said on that chair. Never in my life have i ever seen anyone discard glass like that in the middle of a five star hotel .I come from India where the services received in a 5 star are unparalleled. I came to La Maison D'uzes expecting an excellent stay. but this ruined it.

In addition, another incident in the morning had me really really angry. There is a room adjoining to ours which was unoccupied. My husband and I were lazing in bed, when suddenly a member of the staff opened the door from the adjoining room and saw us and suddenly was like oh I'm so sorry! In a hotel with barely 9 rooms, how can the staff not know that someone is staying in the other room. A total breach of our privacy.

Thoroughly disappointing experience at this hotel and I know for a fact that I will never be returning again, nor will I recommend this hotel to anyone.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank hmh1983
h8collection, Directeur général at La Maison d'Uzes, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2018

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I am a bit surprised to read your comment about our hotel as we met during your stay, and I took the time with you to understand the incident.

As explained, our cleaning woman didn’t properly understand what you said as she doesn’t speak english.

When you called her as you had broken a glass, she only had the idea to disturb as less as she could.

I assume she made a mistake as she didn’t vacuum the room properly.

As mentioned in your comment, our receptionist has done everything she could to solve the problem.

I have been informed of the problem by the receptionist and by the comment you posted on Instagram the same night and we met the day after in the morning.

As you told me the incident was closed ( I offered a 20 % reduction on your room price and complimentary parking ), you even told me you didn’t want her to have any problem, so I was certainly not expecting such a comment on Tripadvisor.

I am sorry you reduce your experience of la Maison d’Uzès to that misunderstanding as it’s not representative of the quality of our service and the state of mind of our staff.

Reviewed September 7, 2018

We had an excellent night at La maison d'Uzès, we arrived quite late and were pleasantly surprised to discover we had been upgraded to a very lovely suite, so I had a quiet place to nurse our 2 month old baby outside the main bedroom in the middle of the night... Plenty of help was also provided for check in and check out with the extensive luggage due to the many needs of His Majesty Baby! My little dog was also welcome with a bowl of water, which was a kind gesture... Big comfy bed, very high ceilings "à la française", spacious bathroom with a real bath and a shower, nice design...everything was perfect, we'll be back! :-)

Room tip: do write an email in advance stating your specific needs (baby, dog, mobility issues etc...)
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
h8collection, Directeur général at La Maison d'Uzes, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2018

Dear Madame,

Thank you for sharing on TripAdvisor your positive review about La Maison d’Uzès.
We are delighted that your stay with us went well and that the various attentions of our staff have touched you.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.