“Excellent!”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I regularly stay near Uzes and Bec a Vin is one of my favourite restaurants. This summer I visited three times and each time the food and service in the restaurant were superb. The food is excellently presented, creative and with the most amazing flavours. I took a party of ten people to Bec a Vin for my birthday in August (2 French and 8 English) and everybody was delighted with it, including one vegetarian who was able to have a vegetarian platter - although this was not on the menu. For those who struggle with the French language, most of the staff can speak English which is very helpful. An excellent restaurant in a wonderful medieval building, to which I hope to make many more visits.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were 7, all courses , for all of us, where amazing.
Service was nice and attentive, the food was really outstanding, the wine list quite respectable, we loved it

1  Thank JosuneGY
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Really good food the steak fillet was awesome and the veal kidneys divine, should I mention the snails, well they too were delicious. Very reasonable prices and acohol really inexpensive. Service was just right, very helpful staff and great ambience.
would go back again!!

1  Thank Sue M
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Lovely patio in the middle of old prison and other towers, with a nice fig tree and a great menu with lovely food. Nice and not too expensive wine list and friendly and fast service. Would definitely go back! We loved it!

1  Thank Laurence26
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We were so lucky to find this restaurant on our first night in Uzes. It had been a very long (but fascinating) day travelling from Monpazier, Dordogne to Uzes, Provence. While strolling to find a spot for dinner we came across Le Bec a Vin. As I told the owner at the end of the night - one of the best meals we have ever had. And the rouge vin she chose for me! A delight, my mouth is watering wanting some now - what was it? Please tell me so I can take a case home to Australia!

If this restaurant is currently number three I can't imagine what 1 and 2 are like. Looking forward to our next meal there. Thank you for a fun, filling and delicious evening.