“Do yourself a favor - stop looking and stay here”
Review of Aragon Hotel

Aragon Hotel
Ranked #30 of 46 Hotels in Perpignan
“Do yourself a favor - stop looking and stay here”
Reviewed June 7, 2011

I arrived in extremis at this hotel. I am on a six week cycling holiday and had got lost in the pouring rain on my way into Perpignan.

The Monsieur and Madame could not have been more welcoming or kinder. They wheeled my wet bike in, dried off my clothes and generally looked after me.

They referred me to a quaint Catalan restaurant around the corner where I had an excellent and good value meal.

The hotel is simple from the outside but the inside decor is charming like the hosts. They do everything possible to ensure you have a good stay.

60 euros for a twin bedroom with a balcony including an excellent breakfast is outstanding value in big towns in France. I have stayed in many many hotels in the last few weeks, so believe me. One little gnome tried to sell me a single room without breakfast for 160 euro!!!

I thoroughly recommend this great value and friendly hotel, well situated near the station and the city.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Smilne1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Milford, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 8, 2011

I can't stress enough how wonderful the proprieters of this hotel are. They were warm and welcoming, took an interest in us, and allowed our group of music students to use the breakfast area to socialize and play cards on a rainy night. The morning of our departure Alain and his wife stood at the hotel door and waved goodbye as our bus pulled out. Little did we know we'd see Alain again- one student left his passport behind, and Alain actually drove it up to us en route to our next destination!
Some of the front rooms had lovely large windows that opened out to great French views. Rooms were clean and comfortable, and breakfast included fresh fruit and Nutella. If I ever came to Perpignan again, I would definitely stay at this hotel!

• Stayed April 2011
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Driving through France en route to Spain as a party of 6 (myself, my wife and our 4 'kids' aged 11, 16, 21, 23), stayed just one night but would happily have stayed longer. Found without difficulty, well signposted (yellow hotel signs) when approaching from the river just to the north. The proprietor Alain was extremely welcoming and took care to ensure we had everything we needed. Our rooms were generously sized, clean and well appointed. Alain is very friendly, speaks excellent English, and is also willing to help his guests polish up their French when the need arose (in our case that would be most of the time, so thanks for the free language tuition, Alain!).

Only 10-15 minutes walk to the most interesting part of the old city, culturally diverse, including noticable north african as well as spanish influences.

We slept well, although being so close to the centre the streets are quite lively at night and there was a certain amount of noise from traffic and exuberant spirits (we stayed on a Friday night, possibly different other days?). Excellent breakfast. Parking is limited but there are on-street spaces very close, so no problem for us.

Strongly recommended - would be very pleased to return.

Room Tip: Aragon is 'Contact' hotel - loyalty scheme
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Aberlour, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2011

The hosts were fantastic. They really wanted their customers to enjoy the town and the area. Helped with city map, restaurant recommendations and places to visit on the way to Carcassonne. The restaurants were excellent. Loved the city apart from driving on the ring road around town! We had a lovely room on the 3rd floor with views from the balcony to the Pyrenees which were still snow covered, although we had plenty of sunshine. The lift was a bonus as we had too much luggage. Slept really well and enjoyed our breakfast which included fresh fruit and yoghurt as well as bread, cheese and jam - a good start to the day. A great advantage for us was that the hosts spoke English and gave advice on a hotel in a different area which was also very good.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms have balconys and mountain views.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed April 11, 2011

I have stayed at countless hotels in the US, from big cities to tiny towns, and at a few in Europe but never have I met hosts so friendly and gracious as at the Hotel Aragon. I would go out of my way to stay there again. We were with a large group and at times we were a handful but they never indicated in any way that they were less than pleased to help up us with everything. And totally aside from the owners and staff, the Hotel was within easy walking distance of several options for food and beverages.

• Stayed March 2011
ottawa ON canada
Reviewed October 30, 2010

I went back to the Aragon Hotel in Perpignan, and i cannot stress how well i was received, tried the breakfast and just wished i would of tried before, WOW just wow, the service that way all of of us were received. Felt not just me but all of us felt like we were taken cared of. Everything was like we were part of the family. I wish if I had people coming to my house could feel the way we all felt. Anywone who were on a long trip and needed care because of any circumstance, and needed a break from being so long from home, this is the place to finally have a place to relax, yes relax, and can recuperate.I can't say anything better than this place. Found bargains in Perpignan, better than inParis at Lafayette. The Majorque castle was astounding did you know what happened during the 1100 century, it's more astounding what ken Follet in his book the pillars of earth, i mean you feel the past and still can stay in this time of 2010. Any person walking will help you, and beleive or not really care how you feel how your day is. Aside from that the negative is ...well nobody expects a tip. Went to grocery store around the corner and remendered me and made sure i filled a questionnaire to get a better price on the groceries even if i wasn't a local. on a Saturday on the market around the corner found deals I wasn't expecting....Need i say more?

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Australia
Reviewed September 12, 2010

After reading the reviews on trip advisor, we thought we would try the Aragon Hotel but I would suggest paying a bit extra to upgrade to another hotel. Pros: friendly helpful staff. Good breakfast. Cons: noisy, not in a good part of town, mouldy shower, old, tired and not clean rooms, prebook and confirm parking if you need it. We had requested and reserved parking only to find they only have 2 spots reserved in a parking lot a few blocks away. It is random and parking lot was full. In addition to paying the hotel for parking (only 6 euros) but we also had to pay the parking lot another 4 euros as you have to have your car out before 8am (we were not advised of this) or pay per hour after this (4 euros per hour). The hotel does not advise nor reimburse.

This may be an inexpensive hotel but it is not clean, has some unsavoury characters hanging around the area and it is recommended to pay a bit more to get another hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple