“Nearly good”

Adagio Access Perpignan
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Well, this is a decent aparthotel and we got a really good deal BUT......we arrived by car and its a fiend to find. This is partly because of where it is on the Perpignan road system but I also suggest you memorise the appearance of the building as there are no signs whatsoever that we could see at anything resembling ground level and the reception is completely hidden from view round the back of the building. There's also nowhere you can pull in to sort things out, notably the parking for which you have to get a magnetic key. The parking is actually very good once you've negotiated the key routine - secure and safe and good value at 8 euros a day. My suggestion would be to park somewhere around the nearby Castillet (unmissable remnant of the city wall) and walk to do the admin, then move to the hotel parking.

Then there's the Market Night Club. We were in room 105 on the first floor right opposite it. It OPENS Wed to Sat at MIDNIGHT and closes at 6 or 7 am. We went out and bought ear plugs after the first of our 3 nights but the base notes still got through and there was some fairly raucous behaviour. I imagine you'd have to get above floor 5 to start to get away from it. Better still a room at the back. When we asked to move we were given very short shrift on the basis that the hotel was full. The receptionist looked extremely sheepish so not quite sure what was going on. There are 10 floors of rooms for heaven's sake and I didn't get the impression the place was rammed.

I'm a great fan of Accor and would actually use the hotel again. I liked this particular brand as well with the ability to cater for yourself a bit. Never used it before. It's also in a pretty good location. I would be able to find it next time but would make sure I was well away from the aforementioned night club. Beware. Unless of course you like clubbing in which case it's ideal!

Room Tip: Get one at the back and/or as high as you can to avoid the noise from the night club opposite.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank oldbutkeen
There are newer reviews for Adagio Access Perpignan

Reviewed December 18, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed December 16, 2013

stayed here wit a friend for a rugby weekend.The apt was small ,two single beds fridge etc,a small balcony.It was clean.Its only a stroll to the city center.Plenty pubs ,resturant nearby .We found it excellent,if you were staying for a longer period its a bit small.The reception was closed in the evening.You get a code to enter. Would stay again

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 4, 2013

As with other reviews even though parking is supposed to be available on arrival it wasn’t, as this is a residential property I imagine there are very few spaces if any available. Parking is akin to finding somewhere in Westminster London.

My second gripe was the WIFI only available in the foyer and then it did not work.
I upgraded to a superior studio for the extra £7 I doubt I got anything more than the standard, this included a workable twin hob ok for 1-2 nights.

The bed and pillows were rock hard so had a miserable nights sleep. There is no light on the balcony.

On the plus side the hotel is in a good location to get to local sights, market and shops and easy to find just take the left before “ Speedy” breaks when coming into town over the bridge.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Soulspinner
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The hotel is a very short walk to the old town so great location for exploring on foot. However (a) the hotel is hard to find (poor signage that is not at street level), (b) parking is on the street wherever you can find it and is pay per hour except for Sat afternoon and Sunday and (c) rooms are basic as you would expect that price. Probably would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Having previously stayed at a few Citea/Adagio properties in France and Germany of varying standards I wasn’t sure about this one but given the price of 47 euros a night I gave it a go.

This property is kind of a mid range for the chain not bad but not outstanding like the one in Berlin. Neat clean and functional with a small modern kitchen area with microwave, fridge, sink and hotplates and just enough plates, glasses and other things needed for a short stay.
The room had a comfortable double bed, small desk and chair and another fold out table and chair which could be used as a dining table. The entry contained an adequate sized closet and a small shower room, the room wasn’t serviced during my four night stay there but I knew that coming in.

The location isn’t bad near some art centre, close to the river and a main road out of town and within a short walking distance to what I assumed was the centre of Perpignan with a decent selection of shops and cafes.

I was driving and had a car and the parking situation here isn’t the best and while they do have underground parking available at a cost it isn’t clear how to get in when you arrive and I ended up just following another car into the underground parking area and just parked in a vacant spot until I checked in. Even after checking in and finding out about the parking finding one of the allocated spots for Adagio guests is hard at first and the spaces are incredibly tight even for a small car.

Overall a decent midrange studio apartment and it met my needs during my stay in Perpignan.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We visited Perpignan for my 30th last August, mainly for the rugby league, but also as part of a break to the Catalan region. This hotel was really useful - it was cool thanks to air con, had a fridge to store drinks in - which were needed in the hot weather - and the beds were nice. We had a little balcony too. Close to a mini Carrefour and a brilliant pizza place, and just five mins at most to the centre and the city walls. I found the front door a bit of a puzzle, but that's just because I'm a bit dim. Recommended.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple