“Amazing Interior but Average Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Meli melo

Meli melo
Ranked #44 of 275 Restaurants in Narbonne
Cuisines: French, Barbecue
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Amazing Interior but Average Food”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Incredible surroundings - someone has got a great eye for detail and there is an interiors store attached somewhere. The staff weren't quite as welcoming as we had expected but nevertheless, we got a good table as we were first in. I should have known that the food might not be up to scratch when I saw one of the young cooks (can't call them chefs on the strength of the food we had) struggling to find his way into his pinafore! My friend ordered melon but it wasn't on the menu - such a basic staple not to be on the menu was odd. My starter of goats cheese was simple but decent. The food is on par with what the average cook could rustle up at home and the main course was served with chips - tuna and chips? This was served with a a cold garlic and tomato couli which overpowered the overcooked tuna. I wasn't asked how I wanted the tuna cooked and it came in two slim slices rather than a thick slice. The dessert was good but I suspect the cake was not home made. The champagne was good and the cheapest I've ever had in a restaurant. Don't know how the golden labrador and the wandering cat would go down with Health and Safety in the UK but it appeared to be a regular occurrence here. The bill wasn't high which is just as well, given that it wasn't haute cuisine.

• Visited November 2012

Portland, Oregon
“Mostly good with some room for improvement”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Restaurant decor is charming, although hard to locate (Attention TripAdvisor - your map is wrong!). Service is efficient enough, although a little casual. Food was pretty good - starters were excellent (the melted camenbert was enough for two). Main courses not universally successful - some of the tuna overcooked, magret the same. Scallops were perfect. Nice selections of local wine. On the whole, I think there are better restaurants in Narbonne, but this is a nice alternative.

• Visited October 2012
Lyon, France
“change the waitress !!”
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

this restaurant is really hard to rate ! I choose it because of the reviews but I was very disappointed ! the service was terrible, disorganized and slow. the waitress was really rude making fun of my girlfriend's accent (she is not French and was making an effort to practice her French). this same long brown haired waitress was spending more time with her friends/customers and her boyfriend in front of the restaurant than with taking the dishes out of the messy tables around ! the other waiter was not more organized, when he started shining the glasses for 10 minutes right after he took our money and we were waiting for the change to leave.

about the reason why we visited : food, that was ok but nothing special. they practice open fire cooking, probably too much and with not good technique. the food was half burned sometimes, even though I like that but I think it can really disturb other customers. the squid grill was awesome but the blood sausage was ocercooked, fat, not the best I had.

I would definitely not come back to that restaurant nor suggest it, the overall experience is not good, but the price is ok.

2 Thank rbaffert
Cork
“Few days in Narbonne”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Staff excellent, food very good, so good we dined there twice.

Visited July 2012
Clinton, Ohio
“Very good food, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We liked the food, the friendly service, and the interesting atmosphere. Price seemed good for the meal quality.

Visited June 2012