Ibis Budget Narbonne Sud
Ibis Narbonne(Narbonne)
  • Restaurant
Hotel du Midi(Narbonne)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 11, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Maybe this hotel is great but I never got a chance to find out. I had booked into this hotel on the basis of TripAdvisor reviews which are normally fairly reliable.

First of all it may pay to be aware that there are 3 Ibis Budget hotels in Narbonne. Needless to say I went to the other two first as my GPS didn't seem to recognise the street name of Becquerel.

The first one was completely closed with a sign saying they would reopen at 5pm. Nevertheless there was a telephone number one could call and the person on the phone kindly told me I was in the wrong hotel. He sent me to another Ibis hotel.

Ibis hotel no. 2 seemed much more welcoming, had signs of human life and a restaurant. Unfortunately this wasn't where I had made the booking either.

I finally located Ibis hotel no. 3 which appeared even more deserted than hotel no.1 but was located in a wind swept industrial estate and looked like an abandoned car lot. Not promising. I was unable to even get someone on the phone at this one. I tried to type in my reservation number at the automated check in machine but no luck. It seemed that if I wanted to check in I would have to wait until 5.00pm. Having driven for hours to get here, I was tired, hungry and in desperate need of a toilet so did not fancy having to wait for 3 hours.

I left and rang booking.com to see if they could do anything and was very politely told by the supercilious French customer service representative that there was nothing he could do. Eventually, when it was obvious that he was not prepared to help me I cancelled the booking myself vowing never to use their services again.

I do not understand how a hotel can be closed for most of the day or can be located in such an out of the way place. It took me over an hour to finally find this place and fortunately I was in a car. A hotel such as this would not survive in Australia or the USA. It's a funny thing but people in service industries know how to provide service, something that seems to be greatly missing in some parts of this country. Fortunately many other places more than make up for it such as the other Ibis hotel at the rue de L' Hotellerie in which I am now staying.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We needed a hotel to break our journey and this hotel fitted the bill. Clean and tidy with all the amenities we needed including wifi. The guy on reception couldn't have been more helpful with restaurant suggestions and arranging a taxi.

One problem. If you wanted to park the car up and go out in the town, taxis are not cheap. Our journey was €20 each way. Had we known this in advance we would have put the money to better use getting a hotel in Narbonne itself.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2013

It was clean,comfortable ,welcoming and perfectly adequate for a stopover.
We felt safe and secure with the security measures.
Good simple breakfast and I would stay here again if travelling.
The staff were all very helpful

Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Andrew G
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Looking for a charming, unforgettable experience ? Don't go here. Looking for a cheap place to spend a comfortable night's sleep on your way to somewhere ? This is it !
Terrible location in a shabby industrial estate, but surprisingly friendly management, excellent beds and all the comforts you need

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business