“Handy hotel for Nimes station” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Cesar

Hotel Cesar
Ranked #13 of 39 Hotels in Nimes
Norwich, Uk
“Handy hotel for Nimes station”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel is right next door to both the train station at Nimes (where I arrived at 23.00 from the Eurostar/TGV) and also the bus station, where I was able to catch a bus the next day to Le Vigan in the Cevennes (E1.50 for a 60 mile journey!)You can also catch the navette bus from here to the airport. And the hotel is friendly, traditionally French, and good value for money (E57 for a comfortable double en suite room). The only drawback was that the Wifi and TV didn't seem to be connected in the bedroom, though the Wifi worked downstairs in the lounge.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room at the back to avoid traffic noise, though this is not too bad for its location...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Korean first
Deurne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Outside it looks great, inside it is really a ** hotel. Rooms are o.k., bathroom out of date, shower missed one sliding door. Staff standoffish. Avoid room at frontside because of noisy men at the square at night. Good breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Cesar mid May 2013 and found it a well located as it is located between the station and the town. A short walk from the station and you are at the front door. I was a bit early so they stored my luggage whilst I went for a wander into the town. Nimes is not big but has some Roman history that intereted me.
The hotel reception staff are friendly and sorted out my booking and room quickly once I returned.
My room was a single with ensuite and syco colour system which you dont see in the dark. Room clean and serviced daily.
Breakfast available for 7euro which was good value;

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed 5 nights after attending a language school in Montpellier the week before. I arrived early and my room was not ready. The cleaner kept apologising despite my saying that it was no problem as I only wanted to loose my luggage and then disappear. The receptionist was charming, allowing me to practise on her and repeat things so I could understand. Needless to say her English was much better than my French. Have now 'done' Nimes, this is the only reason I will probably not be returning.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Nuremberg, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Cesar for one night in October 2012. The hotel is close to the train station and just a short distance to the Amphietheater. Reception staff was neither friendly nor unfriendly and spoke only little english. Room was larger compared to other french hotels I stayed. Furniture and bath old,but that was no problem to me. Free WIFI worked well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed in the Hotel Cesar for five days. Although I was travel weary, as soon as I saw the hotel lobby and reception area opening onto the dining room I felt at home. The place was clean, charming and welcoming. My room was a double and it was cozy and comfortable. I loved the color scheme throughout the hotel, the warm palette of yellows and peach and red. Everything was so clean and fresh feeling. But the most remarkable part of my stay were the people who work there and the family that owns the hotel. I arrived with a stomach problem that got worse over the next few days. Instead of feeling like an American who can barely speak French, and all alone, I felt like they became my family, accommodating my food needs and finding me a doctor when I needed one. I felt safe and looked after. As a single woman travelling alone I especially appreciated that. Once I was well enough to be a tourist, I discovered how conveniently located the hotel was. Everything is within walking distance in this beautiful ancient city. I highly recommend this hotel--and so reasonably priced!

Room Tip: The rooms are on the small side. I had no problem with that. It just felt cozy. However, I did have...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Toulouse
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

This hotel is on the newly renovated boulevard between the train station and the city centre. The boulevard looks wonderful and there is a playground as well as cafes just outside the hotel door. The location is great and is an easy walk to all the sights from here. We managed to park our car just outside overnight then put it into a nearby carpark building during the day. The staff were very friendly and when we had a problem with the heating not turning off were able to turn it down for us on the mains. We had free wifi in our room which was great. The only issues we had was that there were no tea or coffee making facilities in the room and the two bedrooms in the family chamber are quite small and there is no couch to sit on just the beds.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family