Hotel Cesar
  • Restaurant
Concorde(Nimes)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Cesar for one night in October 2012. The hotel is close to the train station and just a short distance to the Amphietheater. Reception staff was neither friendly nor unfriendly and spoke only little english. Room was larger compared to other french hotels I stayed. Furniture and bath old,but that was no problem to me. Free WIFI worked well.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed in the Hotel Cesar for five days. Although I was travel weary, as soon as I saw the hotel lobby and reception area opening onto the dining room I felt at home. The place was clean, charming and welcoming. My room was a double and it was cozy and comfortable. I loved the color scheme throughout the hotel, the warm palette of yellows and peach and red. Everything was so clean and fresh feeling. But the most remarkable part of my stay were the people who work there and the family that owns the hotel. I arrived with a stomach problem that got worse over the next few days. Instead of feeling like an American who can barely speak French, and all alone, I felt like they became my family, accommodating my food needs and finding me a doctor when I needed one. I felt safe and looked after. As a single woman travelling alone I especially appreciated that. Once I was well enough to be a tourist, I discovered how conveniently located the hotel was. Everything is within walking distance in this beautiful ancient city. I highly recommend this hotel--and so reasonably priced!

Room Tip: The rooms are on the small side. I had no problem with that. It just felt cozy. However, I did have a double.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This hotel is on the newly renovated boulevard between the train station and the city centre. The boulevard looks wonderful and there is a playground as well as cafes just outside the hotel door. The location is great and is an easy walk to all the sights from here. We managed to park our car just outside overnight then put it into a nearby carpark building during the day. The staff were very friendly and when we had a problem with the heating not turning off were able to turn it down for us on the mains. We had free wifi in our room which was great. The only issues we had was that there were no tea or coffee making facilities in the room and the two bedrooms in the family chamber are quite small and there is no couch to sit on just the beds.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The hotel was very close to the train and bus station .We got on with the staff who were very friendly and helpful. There was a lot of banter in English with the manager which made the stay very pleasant indeed.
No traffic noise andan ideal situation.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Nice place for a small and charming city. Rooms are very good for 2 star hotel. You can excpect worse, but belive my words it is good and comfortable.
Staff is very friendly and attentive eventually hardly speaking english. Breakfast have a bit wide of choice buffet (hot, cold, yogurts etc.)
Very close to the train station ... like 50 meters away (yet still no noise from the train station even with open windows) and from hotel everything else is very close (bus and old center of the city)
Best hotel to stay while you will be in this nice and charming city.

Room Tip: Just ask in advance a room on a high floor but front or back doesnt matter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo