We were there as part of a choir tour so we essentially filled the hotel.
1. The bed, at least in my room, was comfortable
2. The bathroom and the room were clean.
3. The price apparently was good, though I didn't pay directly.
4. There is a full breakfast
5. The pool is reasonable
1. The neighborhood is industrial and there is no place nearby to walk or run
2. The decor of the hotel looks like a bordello circa 1980. The purple and brown walls with the psychedelic clashing paintings, gold butterflies and even painted ceilings are something to behold (not).
3. The free wireless is impossible to get on to when the hotel is crowded. Apparently, only a limited number of people can use it at one time.
4. The breakfast is ample but it was difficult to just get a cup of coffee; the carafes were never refilled. And the room itself was depressing.
5. The elevator fits only a few people so most of us took the stairs, even up 7 flights. The carpets were ripped and stained in the stairwells.
6. Many of the guest rooms had stained, ripped carpets and some also had bordello decor.
7. When you come into the hotel from the gated car park, you feel like you're entering a crack house.
There must be better places to stay in Nimes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Between Provence and Languedoc, the Hotel Holiday Inn Nimes Petite Camargue, will enable you to have a pleasant stay of leisure or business. You will be able to discover the attractive one quoted of Nimes crossroads of several civilizations, its many Roman monuments, like the ArÃ¨nes, the Maison CarrÃ©e, the Tour Magne and the Jardins de la Fontaine. A little further, UzÃ¨s first duchy of France, the Pont du Gard and for greedy the Haribo factory and its museum. Very near to the MÃ©ditÃ©ranÃ©enne Coast or its beaches and its sun will enchant you, you will have the possibility of visiting Aigues Mortes, the Saintes Marie de la Mer or the Grau du Roi. We offer to you a vast choice of living rooms from 12 to 65 m as well as rooms of congresses from 200 to 800 m entirely flexible and air-conditioned in order to there accomodate your seminars, meetings, congress, cocktail and to dine on official reception to 1000 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Grand Hotel de Nimes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Nimes Petite Camargue Hotel Nimes
- nîmes Holiday Inn