All reviews recommend this hotel great location comfy bed first floor enjoyed our stay no lift stay there again air conditioning character
Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is a 3* but it's staff and management give you 5* treatment.
We have just come back from 4 days and wow we were treated well.

Yes, our room was on the small side (which I have read before), but the wonderful lady on reception offered us a bigger room but less of a view of the beautiful square, so we took the smaller room. Bearing in mind we really only used it to wash and sleep, the weather and beauty of the city kept us out all day and all in walking distance from this hotel.

Now this place has alot to offer, it's own restaurant, bar and music in the week, it was packed every night.
But want to mention they have sound proof doors between corridors and you won't hear a thing if you so choose to go up early after a hard day looking at this beautiful city.

I thank all the staff for looking after us.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
ROYAL HOTEL NIM... R, Responsable réception at Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

Really, many thanks for your comments. It was a pleasure tu welcome you and we hope to see you back soon. This is our best reward!

Reviewed September 10, 2017

Booked this hotel based on its location, but was very pleasantly surprised by the warm welcome, great attention paid to needs of my disabled wife, and the character of the design. Also, the breakfast was included in our rate and more than adequate for a good start to the day touring the historical sights of the city just a short stroll away. Spacious comfortable room and slept well on the wide double bed.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask for an upgrade. We were delighted to get a first-floor corner suite.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
ROYAL HOTEL NIM... R, Responsable réception at Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2017

Thank you very much for you nice comments. your satisfaction is our best reward.
Best regards

Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

We stayed over at the Royal on our way to a boat and bike trip and all in all it was a nice experience. The hotel is very centrally situated and the staff helpful. The mix of old and new made for interesting decor. There are some upkeep to be done especially in the bathrooms but no major hassles.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends

Thank you for your comments. We will be very happy to welcome you again if you plan to comeback at Nîmes. Best regards

Reviewed August 12, 2017

Would not recommend this hotel.
Room was very small and old. Bed was small.
The bathroom door was broken, and we were not able to Close it!
The only positive thing was the location, clsoe to everything.
Probably the worst hotel of Our one month trip through Europe.
Parking was very expensive, we paid 21 euros for about 13 hours of parking!

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
ROYAL HOTEL NIM... R, Responsable réception at Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2017

Sorry to read you, but if we were so horrible, we wont have any clients! it is sure that your room was not our best.

Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel 1 night to split the trip from Italy to Spain. The only positive thing of this hotel is its central location. All the rest was a nightmare, the worst stay we've ever had!! A tiny, humid and with a terrible smell of humidity room overlookinga small internal court with aircon motors in it so the room was not only noisy and we couldn't open the window to let some daylight and fresh air in but the window glass was extremely hot becausr of the heat released by aircon motors and this increased the high temperature in the room! Air conditioning system absolutely obsolete, extremely noisy and with no possibility to change the intensity or go below the established by the hotel temperature! A curtain instead of a wardrobe (see the photo) Spiders on the ceiling of the room (see the photo)! The toilet was so old and dirty and badly lit (not lit at all except for a feable light above the mirror - maybe in order not to show the dirt around) that we didn't even took a shower after a long trip from Italy, it was absolutely disgusting with the toilet door full of footprints and dirty spots, broken sink and dirty and broken shower (see the photos)!! At 3 a.m we were still there trying to get asleep and wanted to go to sleep in the car (much more comfortable of this hole of the hotel!!) but the check out is available only from 6 a.m as written in the booking confirmation. All this horror at the official rate of 82 eur per night - money stolen!!! The restaurant is just like the hotel: in perfect French I asked for a very very well done hamburger but they brought a medium one, I asked once again for a very very well done one explaining the reason of my request and once again they brought me a medium one... I stayed without dinner and tgey had the courage to put it in the bill and tgey took it out only after I refused to pah for sth I never ate!!
I left the same comment on booking.com and the response I got from the management was that the room was small but not dirty and with no spiders and they accused me of wanting to charge maximum negative comments. After such a response it's absolutely clear that the hotel is run by people absolutely lacking ethics and respect to the clients (based on their response my and my husband are liers) and unable to accept their mistakes, apologize and improve the service!
I've downloaded the photos of the dirt and spiders on the ceiling and I do hope that they will be published and not blocked by the unprofessional management of the hotel only interested in money and positive feedbacks!
This hotel and restaurant are absolutely to be avoided: this is a place where professionalism and respect are unknown notions!!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yulia V
ROYAL HOTEL NIM... R, Responsable réception at Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2017

If this room was not suitable for you, you could cancel this booking with no problem, and we would be able to find you another room nearby... you can publish what you want there is no way for us to block it.