“Check out my food photo!”
Review of Le Mont Liban

Le Mont Liban
Ranked #42 of 548 Restaurants in Nimes
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
New Jersey, USA
“Check out my food photo!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stumbled across this place, set in the attractive Place du Marche. Very pleasant at lunchtime, since the outdoor tables have the shade. Typical menu, very good value for tourist France (one block from the Roman arena in Nimes) -- but look at this food presentation! I have eaten falafel for years in the US and never have been served ANYTHING like this plate of falafel. Gold stars for presentation, and the food was very good.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank formershrink

Sydney, Australia
“Great food, and great value.”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We (2 of us) ate lunch here, and were pretty lucky to get in. It is obviously very popular with the locals, and we really only got a table by walking in just as 2 people were leaving. After us, others had to wait. The food was excellent. A set lunch, with 4 main plate options. It is not traditional lebanese food, we were told that it was lebanese with a french twist, and it was both tasty and well presented. We were told that dinner offers more traditional lebanese fare, but unfortunately we didn't get the opportunity to try it as well. The owner, his wife, and other staff are all very polite, and the boss has a great sense of humour. We can definetely recommend Le Mont Liban for lunch, but we suggest you either get there early, or reserve (not sure if you can?).

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank GregandWinnie
somerley, ringwood
“The best meal of our 10 day French trip”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Fantastic food. My husband loves Lebanese food and we found this restaurant by accident when exploring Nimes. My husband persuaded me and we had lunch there. The food was delicisous and in-expensive. We loved it so much that we can back the next evening when we were returning to see the Feria. Normally they don't allow evening bookings when the Feria is happening but our lovely waitress said she would reserve us a table for 8pm. The next eveving we turned up a little late as the bullfight had gone on longer than expected but our table was still there, reserved for us. We had the same food again as it was so delicious. I had Sharwama and the second time around I refused to offer any to my husband as he had already tried it on the first visit and I was going to eat it all myself.

If you are in Nimes you must try this place, the food is great, prices really reasonable and when the weather is fine you can sit outside and watch the world go by. It's located on Place du Marche so is very central.

• Visited September 2012