Hotel de L'Amphitheatre
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Concorde(Nimes)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
All reviewsno liftold buildingnice bathroomfamily ownedtop floorbusy squarename suggestschain hotelscar parkancient romanroom was largethird floorrailway stationarenacentrepedestrianluggage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 31, 2013

You cannot beat the excellent location of Hotel De L'Amphitheatre! From the hotel you can walk to restaurants, cafes, train station, trams, and shopping. The best part about this hotel is probably the friendly service from the owners who speak both English and French. Truly, they offered me (I do not speak French) so much help when I was not able to find an open bank to exchange money, to find a train to another city when my flight was canceled, help using the local tram system and so much more. I would have had a very difficult time in the country if I had not had their daily assistance.

My room, 15, was located on the top floor which was great for me, but if you do not want to walk up 3 flights of stairs (no elevator/lift) be sure to request a room on a lower floor. My room was very large with a sitting area, desk, and separate in-room bathroom. I ate breakfast at the hotel two of the mornings I was there and it was wonderful! Fresh pastries, breads, cereals, smoked salmon, fruit, yogurt, juices, coffee, tea, sliced meats and cheese. A great value, comfortable accommodations, good food, and terrific service from the owners! I will return.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank cm4delta
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Fantastically located in the centre of town, little tricky to find as it is in an alley way. Close enough to the public parking garage.
Room was very large and the furniture was good but the room itself needs refurbishment. Bathroom was quite outdated, all fully functioning though! The bath had no shower curtain or screen so its inevitable that water is going to go everywhere.
Breakfast was simple buffet style.
It was hard to find a restaurant open on Sunday night.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We had one of the family rooms which are located on the top floor. It is a fair hike up the stairs but the rooms are large and recently renovated. The staff were extremely accomodating and helpful. The breakfast is adequate but it is really the staff and the location that make this hotel worth the stop. It is walking distance to the train station. The arena is literally twenty steps away. Great restaurants and lively nightlife are all within steps of this hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Nimes.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ashcroft_10
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We really enjoyed our five night stay in this charming little hotel. We were made to feel very welcome and the service was extremely friendly but professional. Our comfortable room was large and the decor calm and restful. From the little balcony we had a delightful view over the Place du Marche and it was a joy to sit and relax at the end of an active day listening, to the pleasant chatter form the nearby restaurants. Breakfasts were delicious and served in a tasteful dining room. A previous reviewer mentioned that there is room for improvements - well, yes I suppose there is - but once those have been made, I fear it will move into another price bracket. It suited us very well as it is!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wrenBakewell
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Loved the location, the ambience and the breakfast. The English owner was rather quiet but his French colleague at breakfast was wonderful. Our room faced onto another hotel/house on a very narrow street so we could see directly into their space and vice versa. Didn't concern us too much.

Room Tip: We were in the George Sand room which was nicely decorated.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends