“Nice place, but disappointing food”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Morceau de Lune - CLOSED

Le Morceau de Lune
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London.England
“Nice place, but disappointing food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

The menu looks interesting and different but we thought the food was only ok, but not more than ok. The selection of wine by the glass to accompany different courses was good and the service was friendly and attentive. The restaurant room is a pleasant spacious and confortable place to be as well. However, I can't help feeling that the somewhat unusual combinations for the starter and main courses were ideas that looked exciting on paper but are not all that effective in practice. Sorry I can't be more enthusiastic about a place which is obviosuly trying to be different

• Visited October 2011

Southsea
“Perfectly presented”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2011

We were only in Montpellier for one night and were not disappointed with our restaurant choice. Excellent food and flavours and I particularly enjoyed the way of choosing the wine. Physically holding the bottles is much nicer than looking at a list. Worth visiting.

• Visited April 2011
Montpellier, France
“Uncommon selection of food, very artistic in presentation and description but just not that good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

My husband and I went here for a date night without the children, The night was chilly so we ate inside where it was cozy and had a nice ambience. They have a great selection of wines and served us a cold soup on arrival that was delicious, but sadly food wise it all went down from there.
I had a starter of leek/ potato/ carrot soup served with a little garnish of chorizo and penuts and a small taste of red whine, this was good though not overwhelmingly so. My main course was vegetarian and was basically a melange of vegetable very soft almost stewed served with rice cakes, the flavor of the vegetables was good but texture was odd it seemed like some frozen carrots, onions and peppers sliced thin and served on the side, and the rice cakes were terrible, greasy and flavorless. My husband had pork which was overcooked. For dessert I had profiterols which were fine but the sauce was extremely overly sweet.
We enjoyed ourselves the service was good and the space was quiet and cozy, romantic. But the food for me was underwhelming at best.

• Visited October 2011
Edinburgh, Scotland
“Good lunch spot in a quiet pedestrian street”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2010

Business lunch with a small group of colleagues; we all ate from the carte du jour (if that's the appropriate expression). The dishes were consistently of a high standard without reaching gourmet heights, the waitress was pleasant and efficient, the prices were moderate, the weather was pleasant, the company was good and the meeting was productive. The restaurant had no hand in the weather or choice of companions, but I'm sure the good service and pleasant aspect helped the last. I would be delighted to return.