“WOW, WOW, WOW”

Le bistrot de bacchus
Ranked #86 of 1,404 Restaurants in Montpellier
Cuisines: French, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: No card (menu)! Just beautiful slate which changes every days inspired by seasonal produce. The chef does not dry up ideas to treat you with different slate every day. The traditional dishes and the revisited recipes(receipts) will delight your papillae.
London, United Kingdom
“WOW, WOW, WOW”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

A MUST GO TO!!
tiny little place in the suburb of Les Arceaux, no more the 20 covers so book.
a warm welcome on walking in as you practically fall over the chef.
We started by sharing of home made pate de campagne which was simply the best I'd ever tasted, it had foie gras in the middle, I was sorry we shared it!!
For mains I had roast lobster with scream sauce and mixed veg, excellent, my wife had magret de canard which was cooked perfectly rose and was truly delicious (yes I tasted) - i think perhaps the best I've had. The mixed fresh were delectable, I enjoyed them and I'm not a big fan of veg.
home made mi-cuit de chocolate was good but not outstanding
we had told the waiter about my wife lactose intolerance and the chaff came over to discuss everything we had ordered to make sure there would be not problems, which we greatly appreciated.
would go again and again and again

Needham, Massachusetts, United States
“Fresh classic French food, done in high quality!”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed this restaurant on our first night in Montpellier - a wonderful place with a daily-changing menu and extremely fresh ingredients. A 1 chef 1 waitress team works wonders and we enjoyed all that we ordered. Make sure to make reservations, as it is a tiny place and you're unlikely to get a seat without reserving one in advance. Definitely worth a visit if you're in the area! Much more classic take on French food than some of the other higher end places - and this is not a bad thing!

1 Thank Yuriy G
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great French Farm to Table”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

We were staying two blocks away at Les 4 Etoiles and this was a great evening for the last day of our stay in Montpellier. The salads were fresh. The main dishes were a little large and very tasty. We tried all three desserts and found them to be sublime in their taste and texture. The table ordered the beef, skate and duck and all were great. This was the best meal that we experienced in Montpellier.

1 Thank Shanehoustonlittle
Oakland, California
“Worth the walk”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Delicious meal prepared with great care and creativity. Very small but charming with a very pleasant staff and chef.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Lilylover72
Weston, Massachusetts
“Long walk; Well worth it”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

30 minute walk from our hotel. Small place. Chef imposing; smiling, welcoming. Then the food. I'm a Mainer by birth and know lobster but this was prepared so well, it was outstanding. Others had Lotte, beef, freshly cut asparagus cooked just right. The busy waiter recommended just the right local wine. It was a culinary experience. We needed the long walk back after 2+ hours of eating and watching the Chef.

• Visited May 2014