“English haven!”

Ranked #177 of 1,521 Restaurants in Montpellier
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Best English pub in Montpellier. Not only is the food absolutely wonderful, the staff are extremely friendly, helpful and polite. I would recommend the fish and chips, which is a HUGE portion and can be enjoyed with Heinz ketchup and proper vinegar! Drink prices are on par with other English pubs in the area, yet it's the food and the atmosphere that set this place apart from the others for me. Living in Montpellier I have found it it the perfect little English haven when I want to feel at home for a bit!

5  Thank torsponge

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Nice upbeat place to take a respite and have a cold beer. Prompt and attentive service.
Great corner in the old town; very lively atmosphere. The beer was very cold and at an excellent price. Definitely worth a stop by or a long seating; up to you.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

It was one of the only place we went to in Montpellier and it was really nice. Good loud atmosphere and cheap yet tasty beer. Perfect for a night out.

1  Thank Arctic_Lyon
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Wandering around Montpellier looking for some Vegetarian options and we stumbled on this lively joint. Food was served quickly and for under 12 Euros the portions were big. A lively crowd with good beer. Not everyone's cup of tea but we really liked it.

1  Thank MHJ1968
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I really like the Beehive. The fish and chips are tasty as is the lamb burger. Other classic British dishes include a pasty and a Ploughman's. All very reasonable at around €10. You don't get a lot of chips but you do get malt vinegar to go on them. They serve a good Abbots Ale and other tasty beers, plus Guinness, and speciality beers in bottles. Happy hour is from 6-8pm when beer is at €4.50 a pint.

Unfortunately there's a thief operating in the pub. The week before I went the friend of a friend had her purse stolen, and when I went there I had my wallet and my Kindle stolen Both were returned to me the next day minus the cash as they were found behind the loo in the ladies.

As a pub I can recommend it but I won't be going back until they sort out the thieving.

1  Thank Sazen