“Outstanding mussels - and more besides”

Brasserie Chez Regis
Ranked #574 of 1,377 Restaurants in Montpellier
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: "Chez Regis" it is more of 30 years of mussels, French fries and good atmosphere Place Jean Jaures in Montpellier. In a warm, unique and family frame(executive), we propose you a whole range of specialities stemming from the sea and from the region. Various temporary exhibitions (Photos, paintings, Digital Arts) Will be organized all year round.
Chester
“Outstanding mussels - and more besides”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014

The best moules frites I have ever had(and I have had quite a lot in my time) - they have 21 different ways of doing them. I had them a La Marseillaise- per th menu - soupe de poisson, safran, ail, basilic, huile d'olive, pigment. Others had moules natures, chicken, sea bream Provençale style. Efficient and friendly service. Reasonable wine. I would definitely go again if I were there. Recommended.

• Visited August 2014

miami
“A nice evening and yum!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stopped here by finding this by luck while walking within the area for lunch. We glad we did since had delicious meal of Moules. There are many choices to choose from but mainly like the basic version There are many to choose that sounded very interesting Service was great and like to take the time to dine Perfect. We did meet the owner during the lunch period when we stumble upon it. It was very busy that evening including the surrounding restaurants. There is an menu which was helpful. (they might need to get a couple more)

• Visited June 2014
Durham, Maine
“Excellent mussels in Montpellier!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

I travel to Montpellier on business at least once a year. When my husband joins me, on our first night we always hit Chez Regis for Moules et Frites (mussels and fries). They have a long list of creative sauces available for their mussels. He loves their Moules a la Moutarde (mustard sauce) and I always get the Rocquefort. Combined with a nice French wine, Chez Regis never disappoints. The wait staff is always friendly, the mussels are delicious, and the fries are piping hot. Yes, there are certainly "better" restaurants in the city, but this has become a tradition for us. We find ourselves wondering why restaurants in the USA only serve mussels in wine and garlic, when there are so many other delicious options.

• Visited June 2013
“Decent food, slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Rich choice of mouldes that are well cooked and is good value for money. Service was a bit slow, not due to attitude of staff but more a case of understaffing. Casual atmosphere on central square with many locals and tourists.

• Visited August 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Best Mussels We've Ever Had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

The menu featured a full page of choices for ways to cook mussels. My husband chose Provencale and I, Creole. The wait was rather long, at least 20 minutes or so, but well-worth it. Both our choices were delicious - 1 kg of mussels for each choice. The accompanied fries were also just perfect. We were very glad we chose this restaurant to experience French mussels!

• Visited May 2013