“Good fish” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Morue

La Morue
Ranked #225 of 1,285 Restaurants in Montpellier
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Opened 6 months ago. Just fish. Small and very friendly. Excellent quality, very fresh fish.
bardolino
“Good fish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

La Morue serves excellent fish. Even their fish and chips "à notre façon" is better than the run of the mill variety. Friendly waitress. Good coffee. Not everyone will appreciate the coffee's being served in a used sardine tin. Some of the tables are actually in the street, which provided a couple of anxious moments when cars drove by.

Geneva, Switzerland
“a place for seafood lovers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

my husband & I were drawn by the scallops on a bed of risotto in squid's ink which didn't disappoint. the scallops done as they should be. a simple, cozy restaurant w/ warm, friendly service. a great find!

Melbourne, Australia
“Expensive, and food is a bit ordinary!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

The restaurant is certainly cosy; in fact the tables are almost jammed up against each other to the point where I felt really uncomfortable. My discomfort may have influenced my feeling about the food as I thought it was very ordinary. The service however was good and the locals must think it's OK as it was fairly busy. For me though, for the price paid, I'd like to feel a bit better about my environment.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bath, United Kingdom
“Exceptional Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

A real surprise. Only seafood but very good. Very small restaurant but was busy each time we walked past it and the night we went. 14/20 value for money

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Ian C
Wales, United Kingdom
“A lovely fish restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I had dinner at La Morue while on holiday in Montpellier. The host was very friendly and welcoming - he was happy to seat us even though we had unintentionally arrived at the restaurant about fifteen minutes before it was due to open, and he was helpful in recommending dishes which would be nut-free as I have a nut allergy. The food was quite pricey (especially for two university students!) but it was very good. We shared calamari as a starter, which was delicious and nicely cooked. I can't remember the name of the fish I had for my main course, but it was very tasty, and my boyfriend had lobster with pasta which he really enjoyed. La Morue is located in a lovely area of Montpellier and has a very cosy atmosphere, so we would definitely recommend it - especially to couples.

• Visited July 2013