See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

A nice central hotel. We only stay there for a night with our two kids. We didn't use the pool, which was closed at 8pm. Breakfast was a continental but ok. Nearby good restaurants with a lot of wines.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
ServiceClientele, Guest Relations at Madame Vacances Residence Les Consuls de la Mer, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2017

Thanks for your kind review Kenneth.

Reviewed May 6, 2017 via mobile

1st impression...the room stinks of smoke and there is a constant smell of smoke coming into the room all night which is making me very uncomfortable/irritating my throat/breathing.
The room feels very unclean as well as the terrible smell.
There is no fixing to have a proper shower.
There is no plug to have a bath.
We are told we have to pay extra if we want the place to be cleaned or want fresh towels.
On arrival we are not told where or when to come to breakfast or where any of the facilities are? Where is the pool that is advertised?...we are told where to take our bins and we are asked for credit card deposit for damages or theft....everything is hideous there is nothing to steal! Not even a bath plug & the place is filthy and hideous I don't see how we could make it any worse. I have never been anywhere so awful and I have travelled alot.
The lift is barely functional it feels like it is going to break....thankfully we are only on the 1st floor.
The hob is very slow.....trying to heat a pot of pasta is proving impossible.
We booked through a 3rd party website and it seems it will be very difficult to arrange a refund and go else where although we would like to.
I'm sure we will have more horror to report as our stay continues but we are really not happy

Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nichoc0

Thank you for your review.

I am very sorry to hear that your stay at Les Consuls de la Mer was not up to your expectations.

I am also sorry that you misunderstood and believed it was a hotel. It is actually an apartment-hotel which is different and a very popular type of accommodation in France. In these types of accommodation, extra services such as the end of stay clean and fresh towels are not included in the price.

The staff at Residence Les Consuls de la Mer are very helpful and I am confident if asked about the facilities they would give all the information required and would have provided you with bath plugs etc if they were not already in your bathroom.

With regards to your comments about the apartments itself, feedback from our clients show that they are generally happy with them. It is true that a few are a bit tired looking however if they are all refurbished then prices will only rise! We find that our clients would prefer decent apartments for the cheapest price rather than fully renovated apartments for a more expensive price.

Reviewed December 12, 2016

Modern hotel in a great position for visiting the town. We had a quiet room overlooking the rear of the hotel and a very comfy bed! It was especially convenient to be able to cook our own meals in the room and there was even a dishwasher so we didn't have to waste time washing up. Pleasant atmosphere in the breakfast room and outdoor patio. Staff were helpful and friendly. Good quality-price ratio.

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled with family

Many thanks for your lovely comments Crystal.

We hope to see yuo back at Residence Les Consuls de la Mer soon!

Reviewed July 11, 2016

I'm gonna be frank and say it from start that f it hadn't been for the location I might have reviewed this differently.
My criteria when going to Montpellier was that I wanted an apartment style of hotel with as good a location as possible without getting ridiculously expensive as I am "budget aware" and this came up as a good fit.
So the establishment as a whole is a little worn, but the location on the other hand is great with walking distance to the city center and right next to the river. In front of the hotel you have a tram stop fore line 1 and 3, that means you could conveniently get around. Tram 3 is heading for the beach! Also close to two big supermarkets if your planing to cook to save, I did. The kitchen though might be a little "funny" equipped, mine for example lacked a frying pan...
I stayed for a week and didn't regret my choice, with the above in mind I think you'll find it a great fit as well!

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled solo

Many thanks Fredrik for your comments.

It is true that the Residence Les Consuls de la Mer is in a great location with easy access to the beach and centre of town.

Sorry about the frying pan, I am sure there are a few extras at reception and I suspect that maybe someone forgot to put one in your apartment!

Please do let me know at Summer France if you were thinking of returning to Les Consuls de la Mer as I would love to get you the best deal possible!

Reviewed January 30, 2016

Madame Vacances Residence is a three star hotel. Some of the people are staying as a permanent basis. This hotel is fulfilling all the basic requirements (fully equipped). The reception is also open 24 hrs and staff is very co-operative. The local transport is tram and tram station is near the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled with friends
ServiceClientele, Guest Relations at Madame Vacances Residence Les Consuls de la Mer, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2017

Many thanks for your lovely comments, I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Regards