“So much to see”

and up
Segway Tour of the Old and New Montpellier
Ranked #2 of 131 things to do in Montpellier
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Very impressive, with some really amazing works. My boyfriend and I just got the permanent collection ticket which was 6 Euros and there was almost too much to see before we had to tear ourselves away for lunch! Beautiful area too, great for an afternoon stroll.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

When we travel, my wife and I enjoy exploring the city and local food and wine. So museums are not our main focus. Still, I enjoyed this museum and its collection, and I could have easily spent a half day here. Beautiful building itself, across from park

1  Thank JJudy
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Most impressive. We visited during a short trip to Montpellier and very glad we did. An interesting collection of art spanning a number of centuries. Some very interesting pieces with some excellent examples of the impressionists. Look out for Monet, Manet and Renoir in particular. You need to allow a couple of hours at least and invest a euro in the audio guide. Cost was only 12 euros for a family of 4. Air conditioned environment meant this was a sanctuary also from the heat!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

It is wonderful. It is well laid out and the paintings and sculptures are amazing. I spent three hours hers.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

The temporary exhibits that we've seen over 15+ years are always worthwhile and the permanent exhibit is worth a revisit every couple of years.