“Good breakfast, good service”

Au Bonheur des Tartes & Californian Sand
Ranked #99 of 1,745 Restaurants in Montpellier
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Saint-Roch
Description: kosi bohemian small restaurant, lunch , brunch , shop, unique , unique and original concept. kitchen house with large plates copious comprenants ; pies, vegetables different flavors that can be enjoyed with more confit , foie gras, duck, sausage , shoulder of lamb chops , candied sausages , smoked salmon, cheese etc ..... Attention dish hearty and very fresh no frozen here except the ice ! home cup cakes , muffins, lemon meringue pie, banana caramel pie, lemon pie , chocolate pear tart, carot cake , cookies , ice cream and gourmet yogurt, pancake ... iced tea, mocha choco hit , smoothie, milkshake ... boho boutique and fashion accessories .... castellane side street behind the halls ( old virgin ) See you soon :) Anne
Reviewed November 3, 2018 via mobile

We were here for breakfast. They were really helpful to get our order. And also flexible. But I don’t think it was extraordinary.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed February 16, 2017

"Au bonheur des tartes" is simply perfect in my opinion.
We did not manage to book a table the last time we visited Montpellier, so I'm not really up to date with prices and menus.
It is fa amily-run restaurant, and it's quite small, only a few table. It is highly recommended to book in advance, above all in weekends. Everytime I enter this restaurant I feel like being at home.
The restaurant is peculiar, the menu is mainly based on cakes, both sweet and salted. The idea is that you get 3 slices of salted cakes and 3 slices of sweet cakes so that you can taste different recipes. Of course, French recipes!

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed April 18, 2016

This charming space, with eclectic décor including a flower-child clothing selection, was a hidden treasure of SW French specialties. The friendly owners, a young couple, brought us each a platter that combined spiced couscous; chickpeas flavored with tomato; red cabbage sweet & sour; lettuce dressed in balsamic vinegar; and 3 small triangles of different tarts (gorgonzola, tomato-compté, and onion-honey-olive) which we selected from a daily special list. One plate had a duck confit leg that was succulent under crisp skin and the other a 4” round of foie with a tiny jar of fig jam and toast. We ate selectively and left a lot on the plates because we had spent the whole day in transit and were very tired, but everything was delicious. With 3 glasses of wine between us, the whole thing came to 52€, which was amazing for the quality and variety.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed July 1, 2015

We were looking for a place to have lunch and we have found this place by chance. The waitress was smiling and friendly and we had a great time discussing with her. The meal was hearty and delicious ! Oh my God, these pies... Next time I go to Montpellier, I will not hesitate to go back to this restaurant :)

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed May 6, 2015

I loved that place where I had dinner with an australian friend of mine looking for a very French atmosphere. Nice food and wine with a retro atmospher as I love them.

Date of visit: June 2014