“Good anglo-saxon cafe”

Ranked #3 of 23 Dessert in Montpellier
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Fairview Coffee est un coffee shop d'inspiration anglo-saxonne ou la convivialite est au service de la gourmandise.Un espace de detente, un lieu de partage egalement propice au travail avec son wifi gratuit.Nous selectionnons pour vous, thes et cafes au gre des saisons.Vous pourrez y deguster un cafe ou un the, moulu ou infuse comme ils le meritent, accompagne d'une patisserie maison.
Toulouse, France
“Good anglo-saxon cafe”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a cute indoor cafe, down a side street near Comedie. It's comfortable and they have wifi. The only downside for me is that it's anglo saxon (I didn't know that before I visited). So go somewhere else if you're after an authentic French experience. The coffee is very good though and they have a tempting selection of cakes.

• Visited February 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cozy & welcoming”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Our daughter who lives in Montpellier "made" us go here. It's her favorite coffee house in town. We were not disappointed. The staff was very friendly and helpful, even though we don't speak French! Cups are large and atmosphere is cozy!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Bkkns2
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Change of hands, but still as good”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

On my travels around the city centre revisiting restaurants I was surprised to see a change at Fairview Coffee but a nice surprise I must admit.

First of all, me and coffee is a love affair and I tried two whilst I was there. I wanted to see if the latte was still a latte and not some "cafe au lait". Well pleased to report top standard cafe latte.

Next I had to try a brewed coffee. Really black coffee full of flavour and aroma, so good I had to get another one. Yes by the end of my visit I was fuelled up on caffeine.

The tables have been moved slightly giving a wider open space impression with an absolutely fabulous handmade wired map of the world - it's a piece of art. Very fitting.

The smile and welcome from the new owners is a good as the old owners which is always nice. They speak english too !

oh and did I mention the carrot cake ? WOW - I bet the receipe is looked away in some safe somewhere.

Visited July 2012
“Wonderful people, wonderful coffee.”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

My wife and I stopped here for coffee after dinner on a one night stopover in Montpellier. They were closing up but were more than happy
for us to come in for a coffee before they left for the day. The owners were so friendly and the coffee was just brilliant, so much so we decided to come back for breakfast the next morning. The next day did not disappoint, the store smelt like freshly baked muffins, the breakfast was wonderful, and we chatted with the owners about travel. The atmosphere is like you are sitting in someone's living room drinking coffee, we could have spent hours there! Would recommend to anyone.

“Simple, peaceful, friendly”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Great little spot to escape the hustle bustle, nice place to go with children, and not have to worry about trying to speak French :)

1 Thank Rc114b