“Fascinating and tailormade tour on your door step.”

Instant Terroir - wine & food experience
Book In Advance
More Info
$71.58*
and up
Hiking Tour to Pic St Loup with Wine Tasting from...
Ranked #1 of 154 things to do in Montpellier
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hello, I’m Bertrand Bosc. I’m a guide in the Pic-Saint-Loup area, near Montpellier, where I take visitors around to discover my region and its culture. Together, we will explore the terroir, the wine, and the gastronomy of course, but also the less noticeable details, the little things that make this place so special to me. While we navigate between domains, garrigue, small roads and local gastronomy, I will give you an outdoor and leisurely introduction to oenology. We will talk about wine, grapes and terroir, certainly, but also about the countryside, the people and the thousand of other things that shape taste and life in their own ways around here. A relaxed discovery of a piece of France I particularly treasure.
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Bertrand was interesting and knowledgeable and delivered a thoroughly enjoyable experience. Delicious food at a country b&b including vegetarian menu. Would recommend to everyone!

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"fantastic tour"
"his passion"
in 4 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
"guest house"
in 2 reviews
"his knowledge"
"an excellent guide"

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Just perfect! Bertrand was fantastic. The tour was perfect, lots of information about the wine making in the area and in France plus two great wineries and a wonderful lunch in the stunning B&B by his mother. Like everyone else says - it was faultless and a lot of fun. Planning the next one already.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I had the duty of organising a stag party in the lovely city of Montpellier in October. Trying to avoid the stereotypical 'stag' events, I felt that it would be a great activity to do some wine tasting while in the area.

Bertrand was simply outstanding. He was knowledable about the region and the wine. He was helpful in suggesting other activities and things to see. Lastly, he was a funny man he made the experience all the more enjoyable. We pretty much left him more like a friend than a tour guide.

The crowning moment was the food that we were served in his hillside B&B. Words do not do the quailty and presentation of the food justice, it was the best food we had in France hands down and left me with no doubt that I would return to stay at the B&B at some stage.

We learnt alot more than we expected and enjoyed every moment of the event. In a weekend full of highlights, it was surprising that this one of the long lasting memories.

1  Thank Ryan E
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I am not sure what I can add that has not been said. Bertrand is a great host and did a wonderful job keeping us all engaged. Some of us were wine aficionados while others were novices and everyone had a great time.
Visiting wineries in France isn't as straightforward as the US, not all of them are really set up for visitors so it pays to have someone like Bertrand show you around. I learned a great deal about the region, this history and the politics that have driven wine production in Pic St Loup and France in general.

My 15 month old came with us, and Bertrand was able to secure a child car seat and even kept an eye on him while we went in to one of the production areas.
The food at his B&B is great and it really was a highlight of our trip.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Like all the other reviews, Bertrand was just fantastic! He picked us up promptly at 10:30am this morning and took us to 2 wineries. I learned more about wines in the few hours I spent with Bertrand than I have in years. He stopped for us to take pictures and was just so great about explaining everything about the wine, region, and French culture in general. In between the wineries, we stopped at his B & B where his mom made us the most amazing homecooked meal. Everything was INCREDIBLE from start to finish and we could tell that the meal was made with lots of love. The B & B was beautiful and we didn't want to leave. I kept saying, "maybe one day we could get a place like this." The weather was not warm but the patio was the perfect place for a lovely meal...I could've sat there all day listening to the sights and sounds of nature.

Bertrand never rushed us throughout the day and he felt more like a friend than a guide. I HIGHLY reccommend taking on this experience with Bertrand. Definitely the highlight of our trip! Tres bon! Merci beaucoup Bertrand and please thank you mom for us!!

1  Thank DoAnn B