“Amazing food and not overpriced”
Review of La Reserve Rimbaud

La Reserve Rimbaud
Ranked #19 of 1,433 Restaurants in Montpellier
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We had an amazing seat sitting on the waters edge looking at all the fish and eels below. The degustation meal was delicious and I have never had food like it. It was fantastically priced- 206 euros for 2x degustation meal and 6 glasses of wine, you don't get food of that quality and price in perth. Would go back again in a heartbeat

2  Thank Annika B
There are newer reviews for La Reserve Rimbaud

Reviewed June 5, 2012

For a Michelin star restaurant I found La reserve Rimbaud to be incredibly good value. Normally eating out at such a restaurant means being overcharged for such things as the aperitif and coffee, but when the bill arrived it was a pleasant surprise - about half of what I expected to pay for both.
The menu of 60 Euro for a choice of 3 courses from the menu was also very reasonable and the food was definitely michelin one star standard.
I also liked the way that the wine carte was set out, being divided into wines at various price points - so there were wines priced at 25 euro on one page, 30 euro the next and so on.
The setting on a terrace overlooking the river is magnificent and the tables are very nicely spaced.
All in all we had a really nice evening and for the price/quality ratio I give it 5/5.

2  Thank Richard S
Reviewed May 17, 2012

My wife and I ate here last week having booked on line in advance. Although early we were greeted warmly by the charming lady who seems to run the whole show! My wife, whilst not a vegetarian, is not a great meat eater and went for the vegetarian menu which was absolutely beautiful. My duck was less exciting but enjoyable nonetheless.

The music, the setting, the warm friendly service and excellent food set this establishment apart and I hope to see it rise in the Trip Advisor ratings. It certainly deserves it.

1  Thank michael S
Reviewed February 17, 2012

This restaurant is a lot better than Jardin des Sens (another Michelin restaurant in Montpellier, which is a little stuffy and somewhat dated) and is overall a great experience:

- I've been there in summer and winter, and the outside is just worth the visit for the view / calm atmosphere (it is a secluded and long raised platform on the banks of a river)

- we have had the "degustation" menu each time and each course has been perfectly cooked, arrived at the right time and was served politely (and by friendly staff) and with the minimum of ceremony or disturbance of our conversation.
- the only downside is that you now need to book quite far in advance and the hold music is slightly annoying...hardly a major issue

1  Thank Sp0rtboy
Reviewed May 1, 2011

The restaurant and staff here were lovely but the food in my opinion is maybe not worth a michelin star. Compared to a lot of English michelin star restaurants I have visited the food was disappointing. The starter of which I was told was the house speciality was big and clumsy looking,not elegant at all,basically it was chicken croquettes,it tasted ok but nothing special. My girlfriends starter of scallops again was ok but nothing amazing,the cold pepper and onion style acompaniment was a bit sour and bitter and not to my personal taste. The mains were fine but usually in a restaurant of this standard the meat is looked a little under so you get the most taste from the meat,you usually cut into it and see a lovely pink juicy piece of meat,here the meat was cooked all of the way through and a little overdone. Both dishes again were nice enough but nothing there with any wow factor. My dessert was lovely and the highlight of the meal,a crispy chocolate praline,it was lovely and had a lot of taste. My girlfriends dessert was shocking,one of the worst souffle's I have ever seen,it had basically collapsed and the inside of it just tasted of egg. Usually a souffle rises above the rim of the bowl it is served in,you can see if one is cooked properly,this one had collapsed well below the rim of the bowl and looked a little burned,very disappointing. Staff were lovely and waited on us very well and the restaurant was stylish and very nicely decorated but I was expecting much more from the food in a French michelin star establishment.

3  Thank Flashbax