“A Top Class City Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Forres, United Kingdom
“A Top Class City Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in late September and I don't think we could have chosen a better place in Montpellier. All the staff were so positive and helpful throughout, in particular in resolving a couple of problems not connected with the hotel. The location is ideal for the city centre, and the rooms were very clean and the bed comfortable. In addition, wifi is free, and there is a significant reduction on the car parking charge. We would strongly recommend the Pullman Antigone for anyone wishing to stay in Central Montpellier.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thierry_MAURER, Directeur général at Pullman Montpellier Centre, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Stuart H,
Thanks for your recent stay at the Pullman Montpellier Antigone. Your comment explain all the spirit from our hotel.
I hope we will have the pleasure to see you in our beautiful city very soon.
Thierry MAURER

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
North Shields, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

This hotel was a lovely start to our holiday, we stayed for two nights at the end of June and we were really comfortable. The breakfasts were excellent in the roof top restaurant or on the terrace by the pool. We would definately stay here again as it was the best hotel we were in in Montpellier.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thierry_MAURER, Directeur général at Pullman Montpellier Centre, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Shealf,
I'm glad to read your recent comment deposit on the Tripadvisor website.
I will share your comment with all my team.
I hope we will have the pleasure to meet you very soon again.
St Andrews
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is a very good business type hotel, in an excellent location between the new town and the old town. Rooms are a good size and comfortable. The staff are both friendly and helpful. Ten minute walk from the station and close to local transport facilities. Good venue for striking out to the carmargue, Aigues Mortes, Grau du Roi etc. My only complaint was the hairdryer, cable was too short and inflexible to make it usable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the team line.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thierry_MAURER, Directeur général at Pullman Montpellier Centre, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear SandraSStAndrews,
Thanks for your lovely comment concerning our exeptionnal situation in Montpellier.
We took note of your remarks for the hairdryer, we made add grips in the concerned room.
I hope we will have the pleasure to see you next time in Montpellier.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stayed here for two nights in September because im looking to get married in Montpellier next year and wanted to find a decent hotel I could recommend to family and friends who will be attending the wedding. The rooms were spacious and the facilities were excellent although the bar on the roof top was pricey. The staff were really friendly and would go out of their way to greet you. However I was deeply disapointed that we were not allowed to check in early despite me requesting this beforehand and we were told that we would have to pay extra money which we politely declined. We arrived in Montpellier early on Saturday morning and would have liked to shower and change to enjoy the warm weather as we were only there for a couple of days but instead we had to walk around in our winter clothes until we were allowed to check in late that afternoon. I also requested a nice view but again our wishes were not met. I would definetly stay here again but don't think I would recommend this hotel to family and friends who would want somewhere to stay for the wedding because of the late check in and the small pool area.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thierry_MAURER, Directeur général at Pullman Montpellier Centre, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Natalie J,
Thanks for your recent comment and visit at the Pullman Montpellier Antigone.
Concerning the chek in time, this one is at 02.00 pm, for the next time you can book at pullmanhotels.com the early check in for 40 € and you take your room at 09.00 am
Our Le Club Card gold - platinium members benefit as well for early and late check out (this programm is free of charge accorhotels.com/fr/leclub/index.shtm)
Our hotels are located in areas which appeal to our guests for a variety of reasons: proximity to the centre of a city, a business park, recreational activities etc. The location of the hotel you stayed in did not meet your expectations and I do apologise for the adverse effect this had on your stay.
You can contact our event manager if you whish to book for your wedding next year.
Aberdeen, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed here for one night, staff at front desk were really helpful but the restaurant staff weren't quite as good. Lovely room, good size and facilities.
We had dinner & breakfast on the roof terrace, food was good and the breakfast buffet had a really good selection, so often buffet breakfasts lack a little but this was good.

If I'm in Montpellier again I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thierry_MAURER, Directeur général at Pullman Montpellier Centre, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear abdngirl,
Many thanks for your nice comment concerning our hotel. I will share your comment to my team. Concerning your feeling about the restaurant staff, I send you a e mail to know what happened.
I will be happy to see you during your next time in Montpellier.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I had hesitation before I checked into the hotel since all the Pullmans I've stayed at are only within Asia, where they're all relatively new 5* properties leaning towards more hip luxury. However, I'm surprised to find this hotel lived up to my standard. The property might not be a luxurious 5* but definitely chic and modern, and so was the room. Very clean, nicely designed/decorated but not too much, and well equipped (e.g. with Nespresso machine). The room size was good too, not cramped and I loved the bathroom layout.

Service was good and efficient. The front desk staffs were very welcoming, upgraded our room and offered a welcome drink in the bar (according to my husband's Le Club Platinum status). Breakfast buffet was decent (or good, by French standards), and again the restaurant was nicely decorated and service was prompt.

Location wise it's in the heart of the city I believe. Right next to the hotel there was a shopping mall and it's within walking distance to La Place de la Comédie.

All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone stopping by Montpellier either for business or leisure.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thierry_MAURER, Directeur général at Pullman Montpellier Centre, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear pekopon,
I'm glad to know that your recent stay at the Pullman Montpellier Antigone, give you all satisfaction.
I will immediately share with my team your comment. I hope we will have the pleasure to see you very soon in our beautiful city.