“Personal Attention and a Great Location”
Review of Les 4 Etoiles

Les 4 Etoiles
Ranked #1 of 45 Montpellier B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Pierre's personal attention was a real added bonus to our stay in Montpellier. He was willing to offer whatever help and advice we needed. The breakfasts were great, and the room was well-suited to our needs for a three night stay. The location is very close to the old town via a short walk, close to a tram stop, and in a nice quiet neighborhood. We stayed at a number of hotels during our trip to France, so staying at such a well-run B&B made a refreshing change.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Les 4 Etoiles

Reviewed April 24, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay. Pierre was a great host and gave us helpful tips on where to go. Accommodation was very comfortable with modern furnishings. The location is very central too. It is just outside the old city. We also enjoyed the city of Montpellier. We would definitely stay again.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 13, 2014

What a great find this is. We stayed at Les 4 Etoiles twice - at the beginning and end of our holiday in Languedoc - and it is highly recommended.

Pierre is wonderful, welcoming, well informed and nothing is too much bother and he is quite rightly very proud of his rooms and visitor lounge and terrace.
The rooms are special. The B and B is very easy to find near the arches and is conveniently located for a pleasant 10 minute walk to the centre or a very short tram ride from the end of the road.
We will return.

Stay there if you want to see Montpellier.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Last summer (July, 2013) I was at a scientific conference at the University in Montpellier, and frankly, exhausted after an intense period of work. Usually organization of these conferences arranges for hotels, but not this time. We got a list of suggestions, all of which were booked, so I thrashed around Airbnb and Trip Advisor and finally found Les 4 Etoiles.
The managers could not accommodate me for a single room during the time of the conference, but they were able to patch my stay among different rooms, including finding accommodations when there were none left to find! Awesome, fabulous, generous, kind service. Thanks so much, Marie and Pierre (whom I hope to meet in person on my next visit).
I walked every day through the farmers market, across the aqueduct and park, and up the boulevard for my meetings. I arrived relaxed, and after an evening of wining and dining at and saving science for the world, found a handy bus to get back to Les 4 Etoiles. It was a perfect stay--the a/c worked, but not overmuch; coffee and breakfast was light, tasty, satisfying and friendly; rooms were impeccably clean and comfortable; and each that I occupied was different, but I would be at a loss to pick a "best room." I did travel elsewhere on this trip, but nowhere did I find a place relaxing, attractive, well located, and of good value as Les 4 Etoiles.

Room Tip: All are comfortable, quiet, and well-equipped. Be happy to have a room, especially in the south of F...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My wife and I visiting my daughter in Montpellier for a few days and wanting to avoid a named brand hotel stumbled on this place on TripAdvisor ..... it was great. 4 rooms - all full for the weekend we were there with nice people that you do not mind striking up a conversation with over breakfast; Pierre and Marie - the hosts - were lovely and very helpful and the rooms were fine and modern. Breakfast was simple but enough; the location was only 10 minutes (simple) walk away from the centre of town which had loads of good eating facilities. Just one (small) gripe - it needs some fluffy towels!

All in all - great value and very nice; full recommendations from me!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Not sure 4 Etoiles rates this spot high enough!! If travelling to Montpellier, I highly recommend this modern and comfortable B&B with exceptional hosts. We stayed in Mira, which was lovely. We were greeted by Pierre and made to feel right at home. I only hope to make it back some day, after they've completed their renovations which are sure to take this top-notch spot to a whole new level. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Yes! This was a lovely B&B. Pierre was a kind and attentive host. He takes obvious pride in his wonderful establishment--and the house has been in his family for generations. I stayed in Izar, which was tasteful and a nice size. I loved the great French shutters, which opened up onto a courtyard. The room was nice and cool even without A/C on (I chose not to use it).

Pierre gave recommendations for eating and so on, and was on hand every morning if you had questions. Breakfast was simple and tasty; fresh fruit salad, fresh squeezed OJ, croissants, pastries, bread, jams. There is also a little guest kitchen with a large fridge where you can store things (and where your breakfast will be if you wake up late) and a stove with pots and pans, plates, cutlery, a few cooking utensils. I was able to rustle up a few meals there but it's not a 100% equipped kitchen where you'll really be able to cook extensively. It was a lifesaver for me though as I'm vegan and it was hard to find food in restaurants.

I loved the location (a good walk from the touristy areas)--it was like living in the neighborhood. It was quiet as well. A couple was staying next to me with a baby and they also made themselves at home. I would recommend this B&B to anyone.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business