“Quirky Decor and Good Value Lunch”
Review of Le Tremail

Le Tremail
Ranked #26 of 81 Restaurants in Collioure
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This place is quirky - almost like stepping into a time warp which I thought was pretty cool! The girls working were very friendly. It wasn't overly busy (as it's winter). The anchovies were pretty tasty as expected and the seafood sound - I'm not a seafood aficionado by any means so I can't comment too much further, but I liked it.

A quick tip - If you're eating alone and want a super cheap lunch with wine: this place doesn't do wines by the glass, so you have to get a 50cl carafe which starts at around 12euro, which can almost double the cost of your lunch. You might be able to ask for just a glass I suppose (I just settled for a beer!).

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Out of season we ate much better in Collioure (see Bar de La Marine review). It was a Sunday night so not expecting fresh fish, but this was just very average all over. maybe just an off night

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Looking like a old toeristic restaurant, the food is also very old. The plate with fish (mussels, snails etc,) is served much too cold. The fish has definitely stayed far too long in the fridge. Eating it might spoil the rest of you holiday, it did with ours. If you don't want to be ill, you'd better look for a better place.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Le Tremail surprised us with delicious food and great wine of its own domaine! We ordered Spanish salad, seafood platter, Tiramisu and Tarte Tartin... We ate it all! Great service and seaside charm made this lunch a wonderful experience!

Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Chose the 25 euro menu (each) Catalan for lunch: assiette fruits de mer with 2 oysters, 4 gambas, 4 or 5 bulots, 3or 4 mussels; followed by pareillade du matelot with 2 small fish, one butterflied whole fish, and a generous helping of calamars, all a la plancha, accompanied by rice and fresh veggies in saffron sauce, then dessert creme Catalan for me, tiramisu for my partner. Bottle of muscat sec and coffee extra. First time I've eaten raw mussels but they were very good in the red wine shallot vinegar. The oysters on the 1/2 shell were superb. We had generous portions of fish done to perfection. Lovely crusting of the skin on my butterflied fish desserts very good too. This is a tiny place with seating on the street for 10 and about the same inside. Service was prompt and very friendly. I'd eat here again in a heartbeat!