“Terrible - Don't Bother!”

La Table de Franck Putelat
Reserve with
La Table de Franck Putelat is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 333 Restaurants in Carcassonne
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
hailsham
“Terrible - Don't Bother!”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I would really like to know how Michelin award their stars, because in my view Le Parc does not even deserve one star, let alone two!
We had the wine matched menu and they are very mean with their glasses of wine. The amuse bouche of chilled lettuce soup was completely over salted and their is no excuse for over seasoning in a Michelin restaurant. The head waiter is arrogant and doesn't know his menu - he was unable to tell me the name of the shape of pasta in one of the dishes and didn't bother to find out for me.
The Black Angus beef was overcooked - a crime in France, let alone a Michelin place - he asked me how I wanted it cooked and I told him to cook it how it is supposed to be served.
The Tropeziene dessert was truly awful!
The atmosphere is also rather clinical and instead of a plate for your roll and butter, they had this strange circle of chain mail which let all the crumbs through onto the table and where were you supposed to put your butter?
I really would not recommend this restaurant - it is terrible value and terrible food to boot - the head waiter needs to go on a personal relations course, and learn about what he is serving!
If you want a true gastronomic experience of a wine matched meal - go to the Hotel de la Cite - there everything is perfect, yet they only have one star!

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank victoria s

• Korean first
Miami, Florida
“Our expectations were more than met. Deserves the two stars”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

After having eaten in a few Michelin one stars in the region, we understand the difference now. This was an experience not just a meal as at the others. It was a joy to watch the choreography of the well trained, attentive and friendly staff as the brought each new surprise to us. We were ahead of high season so could choose to sit on the terrace. The photos on their website don't do it justice. We had the time to savor and enjoy each course and the wine recommendation was great, along with it not being the most expensive on the list. We have been pleasantly surprised at most restaurants here that when asked for a wine recommendation rarely is it in the top tier of price. So go, relax and let the experience unfold around you. Merci.

• Visited June 2014
Calgary, Canada
“Stunning!”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

We had lunch, which offered a less expensive set menu. We came without a reservation and were able to sit inside for lunch and take our coffee and petite fours outside on the lovely patio. The service was excellent and they altered the main course to be vegetarian for me with no problem at all. The bread and olive oil we started with was so good we purchased some olive oil to take home with us!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Poppiesandchevre
London
“Excellent meal in relaxed surroundings”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We absolutely loved this restaurant. We ate exciting food which was cooked with loving care and served by staff who were fantastic. We were comfortable, relaxed and made to feel special without being over fussed about. The tables were on a terrace in a really pretty setting, chic but not so pared down that it felt stark. Every dish we ate was just wonderful. We particularly enjoyed one which comprised shellfish with fresh herbs and a bouillon of foie gras with little chunks of pan fried foie gras dotted about. Just spectacular. We met the delightful chef at the end of the meal and were sent on our merry way with a gift of a freshly baked baby baguette. What a lovely idea! We eat out a lot in London and I have to say that Le Parc Franck Putelat was a very special experience that compares very favourably to other other marvellous meals we've had in the past. Go on - treat yourself - you won't regret it!

Visited June 2014
Cork, Ireland
“2 stars of food heaven”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I have been a fan of Le Parc for the past few years, having had both dinners and lunches there during that time. So I was thrilled to see it getting its second well deserved Star. So we went last week to try out its mid week lunch special and it did not disappoint . For 39 euros you got 3 courses including a fantastic amuse bouche and a glass of Rose wine and coffee. The amuse bouches highlight was the tomato and basil macaroon, it was melt in the mouth! The starter was a variety of shellfish with a prawn sauce that came in a tube, good fun and fantastic tastes. The main course was cod like I have never had before. The fish was literally translucent and just melted with each forkful. As I am a chocoholic and have a small chocolate business, I am a bit if a pain when it comes to chocolate deserts. It was fabulous and did not disappoint. The chocolate used was Valhrona, the best, as I use it to make my chocolate truffles. The coffee and petit fours were super. The Rose wine was from a local vineyard called Ollieux Romanis. We have been buying from this vineyard for a number of years. The bill for 3 people including 3 glasses of Blanquette came to in and around 154 euros. The staff as always friendly , not in your face, with a very relaxed atmosphere . So if you come to Carcassonne midweek it's just a hop over La Cities gates to one of the best 2 stars and I think personally terrific value.

• Visited May 2014